• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you want Christian McCaffrey returning punts?

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

Is returning punts that much more dangerous than every other time he'll touch the ball? Unless Dante Wesley is out there I'm not too concerned about it 

I was going to say pretty much say the exact same thing. Except I would have made it sound a bit more...elegant.

I can't, off the top of my head, remember the last Punt Returner I saw get hurt returning punts. So, go ahead and let the young man have some fun. I want to see it. You want to see it. We all want to see it. Well, almost all of us. I am sure there are a few folks worried about our "Back up RB" returning punts.

2 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

i was always nervous when smith started doing them again.  Its hard to see someone so valuable to your team back there

Not saying these guys aren't valuable but this is the top 10 punt returners from 2016.  What do you immediately see about this... Not first string or even second string at their positions...

Tyreek HillT. Hill, KC KC 39 592 15.18 8 95t 2
Tavon AustinT. Austin, LA LA 44 364 8.27 16 47 0
Jamison CrowderJ. Crowder, Was Was 27 328 12.15 15 85t 1
Jalen RichardJ. Richard, Oak Oak 34 306 9.00 5 47 0
Brandon TateB. Tate, Buf Buf 26 301 11.58 14 43 0
Marcus SherelsM. Sherels, Min Min 21 292 13.90 17 79t 2
Eric WeemsE. Weems, Atl Atl 24 273 11.38 21 73 0
Tyler ErvinT. Ervin, Hou Hou 27 261 9.67 23 57 0
Andre RobertsA. Roberts, Det Det 20 246 12.30 16 85t 2
Tyler LockettT. Lockett, Sea Sea 29 243 8.38 22 62 0

F__k yeah! I want McCaffery on the field all day. I want him to return punts, kickoffs, he'll I want him to pass out Gatorade on the sidelines! I have been secretly praying for 2 years for the Panthers to get this kid. I watched a lot of his college tape and some full games. This kid was literally robbed of a Heisman!  Even the threat of him being on the field should cause at least 2 special teams errors in our teams favor, and if he is not out there I want Samuel. fug it put both out there! Let's get some balls! 

25 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Does Pittsburgh have a legit special teams unit or are they like the Panthers in that every decent return is called back due to penalty? 

Asking for a friend. 

Not sure, I am no Pittsburgh special teams expert. In fact, I even have trouble spelling Pittsburgh correctly at times (the placement of that stupid "H" throws me off for some reason) and don't even get me started on trying to spell Big Ben's last name....wait, what were we talking about again? Your asking for a friend?...pffft, like you have friends. 

Archived