• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

San Fran - What do you know...

Jeremy Igo

They have Hoyer who is average but serviceable.  There best offensive weapon is going to be shut down by our front 7 (Carlos Hyde).  Put Bradberry on Garçon and good luck having any success in the air other than a potential bomb to Goodwin that we have seen plague Worley.  It's going to be a long day at the office for them, I foresee them driving down at points and either turning it over or settling for FGs.   There offensive tackles are there strength on the line, but there interior is not even considered serviceable.  Star and KK are going to feast!

As far as the Panthers on offense, lots of inexperience on that defense, young guys with big potential but they aren't there yet.  Run them out of the building.  Stewart and McCaffrey, different looks, dumps, reverses, tire that young dline out and kill them with play action. There will be a point where McCaffrey freezes Reuben Foster and we will lose our minds.   They have nobody that can stop KB either, nobody!  Reid has been playing well in a Kam Chancellor type role.  I don't see a big impact for  Olsen in this game.  I say Panthers 21-10 in a conservative defensive game, they won't push Cam too much I agree with that sentiment.  McCaffrey and KB are keys to victory.

Underestimating any team in the NFL is a mistake.  Hoyer isn't terrible, and his value gets a bump with Shanahan calling the shots.  He's a pretty brilliant offensive mind.  Still, I have confidence in Wilks and I imagine he'll throw a bunch of looks at Hoyer, because from memory he seems to get flustered fairly easily.  I don't think it'll be easy but I do think we pull out a dub week 1.  

Also, as a sidenote, I think Funchess will really have to step it up this year on the outside, or whoever ends up as our #2.  Whoever is in that spot I imagine will have a good amount of space to take advantage of, with all of our known (or potential) commodities on offense.

I know the SF 49ers actually play in Santa Clara in the shittiest billion dollar stadium ever built. If you are going and have tickets on the side across from the giant wall of suites, bring 50+ SPF sunblock and re-apply liberally.

I also know that the neck-tattooed gangbangers of Hunters Point that were a mainstay at The Stick have been replaced with Silicon Valley tech nerds who would rather be at an SF Giants game eating sourdough bread chowder bowls from Boudin; but the Giants are such a glorious trainwreck this year that they have no choice but to do their corporate hobnobbing about 30 miles down 101. This means us as fans can feel free to do our part without fear of violent reprisal. 

I know their are a solid amount of craft breweries in the Bay Area, so if you are making the trip I'm happy to recommend the following:

Faction: This is in Alameda in an old naval base. Looks like the Walking Dead minus zombies as you drive in. You'll think your gps is lost until you see a banner and when you sit down to enjoy your beer you'll get an unbeatable view of the SF skyline. 

Drakes: The home of Denogginizer, an Imperial DIPA sitting at a hefty 9.75%. I highly recommend you try some of their lighter fare and bring the denog home in a bottle to enjoy later. This is in San Leandro (pretty close to Faction, mentioned above). 

Fieldwork: This place is in Berkeley and makes some of the best Hazy IPA's on the planet. I highly recommend Pulp and Virtual Planetoid. If you can navigate past all the organic crops, bicyclists, and top-knots, this place is well worth it. Get some crowlers to go on Saturday for tailgating Sunday.

Finally, I know the 49ers fan base (called the faithful, in a cruel twist of irony) have pretty much conceded that they will suck this year. They all hate Cam Newton pretty passionately, and that is why it will feel that much better when we smash them on Sunday. 

Panthers 27, 49ers 13. 

On 9/3/2017 at 6:49 PM, Hogmolliesmaht said:

They looked strong on both sides of the ball in their 3rd pre season game. Hoyer was damn near perfect. Underestimate them if you want to.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they whoop the ass of this team.  Just sayin. I have zero confidence in Riveras teams. There is never the since of urgency with this team. Hate the Patriots all you want, but that business attitude on Sundays gets it done 

11 hours ago, Montsta said:

I know the SF 49ers actually play in Santa Clara in the shittiest billion dollar stadium ever built. If you are going and have tickets on the side across from the giant wall of suites, bring 50+ SPF sunblock and re-apply liberally.

I also know that the neck-tattooed gangbangers of Hunters Point that were a mainstay at The Stick have been replaced with Silicon Valley tech nerds who would rather be at an SF Giants game eating sourdough bread chowder bowls from Boudin; but the Giants are such a glorious trainwreck this year that they have no choice but to do their corporate hobnobbing about 30 miles down 101. This means us as fans can feel free to do our part without fear of violent reprisal. 

I know their are a solid amount of craft breweries in the Bay Area, so if you are making the trip I'm happy to recommend the following:

Faction: This is in Alameda in an old naval base. Looks like the Walking Dead minus zombies as you drive in. You'll think your gps is lost until you see a banner and when you sit down to enjoy your beer you'll get an unbeatable view of the SF skyline. 

Drakes: The home of Denogginizer, an Imperial DIPA sitting at a hefty 9.75%. I highly recommend you try some of their lighter fare and bring the denog home in a bottle to enjoy later. This is in San Leandro (pretty close to Faction, mentioned above). 

Fieldwork: This place is in Berkeley and makes some of the best Hazy IPA's on the planet. I highly recommend Pulp and Virtual Planetoid. If you can navigate past all the organic crops, bicyclists, and top-knots, this place is well worth it. Get some crowlers to go on Saturday for tailgating Sunday.

Finally, I know the 49ers fan base (called the faithful, in a cruel twist of irony) have pretty much conceded that they will suck this year. They all hate Cam Newton pretty passionately, and that is why it will feel that much better when we smash them on Sunday. 

Panthers 27, 49ers 13. 

Here is a Californian who understands Bay area sports.

Oh, and I'll see your 27 and raise you a field goal.....made by someone.

Panthers 30, 9ers 13.

On 9/3/2017 at 8:01 PM, JawnyBlaze said:

Strengths: DL

Weaknesses: Everything else

Speaking of which, How are Butler and Love shaping up for week 1.  The last I heard, which was wild speculation, Butler was on track to take reps against SF, and CJ or Pep might need to rotate to the inside some. Updates?

5 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Speaking of which, How are Butler and Love shaping up for week 1.  The last I heard, which was wild speculation, Butler was on track to take reps against SF, and CJ or Pep might need to rotate to the inside some. Updates?

I want Butler playing at nothing less than 100%. He should not be on the field unless he feels absolutely no pain. It's a waste of time to throw him out there in a position that you need your legs so much and watch him get injured again. We will be fine with our starters and replacements on the DL (not to mention DE's rotating inside). We will need Butler more later in the year when someone else inevitably gets injured for a few games.

Their biggest weapon is Kyle Shanahan and their running backs. Hyde and Juszczyk are both quite a load in the run game but our defense has a history of doing well versus "power" down-hill runners.  The scat-backs usually give us most trouble.

Their WR corp are all small shifty receiver that i believe they will try to get the ball to quickly and let them make a play.

Their OLine i would say is average maybe slight above because of the presence of Staley.  TE Is a rookie in Kittle which will be matched up with our LBs which ill take all day.

their front 7 is pretty good with the addition of Rueben Foster and obviously Bowman. I believe their vulnerable at Corner with our big receivers.

I'm always a tad concerned because I'm a Panther fan and its football, but I feel good going into this game.

Prediction: Panthers win 27-16

Bold Prediction:  Cam throws for 1 and rushes for 1 over 200+ passing and 50+ rushing

JStew 75 yards rushing

McCaffrey 30 yards rushing and 50 receiving and 1 TD.

Gano goes 2-4 on FGs and the Huddle is ready with their pitchforks.

They are going to force feed the ball to Garcon. With Kyle Shanahan as his offensive coordinator in Washington in 2013, Garcon lit up the stat sheet with 113 catches for 1346 yards and 5 TDs. Also keep in mind the Redskins went 3-13 that year.

I also expect they are going to take a lot of deep shots and test the Panthers young corners. 

If the Panthers can get an early lead, the offensive line can hold up and they can run the ball, I expect a comfortable +/-10 point Panthers win. If the 49ers get an early lead and force the Panthers to pass, I expect a loss. The Panthers are never built to win from behind.

Archived