• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gano to start on Sunday

Jeremy Igo

And here's how that game goes down. We're up by one with 1:59 left to go in the 4th. Rivera's prevent defense let's Brian Fuggin Hoyer waltz down the field and hits Garcon in the endzone over Worley to go up by 6. Now with 1:01 left to go, Cam drives our team down the field and hits Olsen for a TD with .11 seconds to go. We just need the extra point to take home the victory. Gano comes in and shanks it to the left. We head into overtime, and Cam yet again gets us into field goal range, but we get shula'd and he calls a long developing play on 3rd and 3. Gano comes in and hits the top of the goal post and bounces off, making that thud sound that will give us nightmares all season. Now, defense is gasses and let's Carlos Hyde run straight down our throats into field goal range. 49ers hit a bullsh*t game winning FG and Huddle melts down to the max.

14 minutes ago, CuthroatPanther said:

Gano says Lee said field goals of 50 plus yards are just lucky? Really? Hmmm, seem to see a number of other NFL kickers hit em quite regularly...

I moved to Maryland a few ears ago and there kicker Justin Tucker drools for the chance to attempt kicks from 70 yards.

If this is a question of loyalty to the veteran Gano (a Hurney weakness, as folks are discussing on Twitter), I wonder if we are keeping Gano until he misses a bad one. 

If this is the case... I'm cconflicted, do we root for Gano to make or miss his FG tries in week one?!?!

3 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

If this is a question of loyalty to the veteran Gano (a Hurney weakness, as folks are discussing on Twitter), I wonder if we are keeping Gano until he misses a bad one. 

If this is the case... I'm cconflicted, do we root for Gano to make or miss his FG tries in week one?!?!

If it comes down to winning the came you know I am going to be rooting for him to be kicking it right through the up rights.

5 minutes ago, CarolinaCat89 said:

Gano kicks the game winner against San Fran, I'm calling it. :omg::shades:  He wants to shut us all up :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

Way too late.  He will NEVER AGAIN be trusted.

"Good opinion once lost is lost forever"-Pride and Prejudice 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I really hope it's a bluff to try to get someone to trade for Gano, but this is Marty Hurney so who knows what the fug is going on. Maybe he's powdering his nose again.Good grief.

If he thinks other teams are going to ignore that we drafted his replacement that might be even dumber. He's hoping Gano will start strong and drive up his stock and I need a drink.

13 minutes ago, Cats Pride said:

If it comes down to winning the came you know I am going to be rooting for him to be kicking it right through the up rights.

Of course.  Me too.  If the game is on the line, I root for the Panthers to win, for sure!

I don't really want to root against Gano.  Would like to see him succeed somewhere else.  But at this point, I'm ready to move on, and don't like this kicker drama dragging out.  Don't think it is good for the team.

3 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Of course.  Me too.  If the game is on the line, I root for the Panthers to win, for sure!

I don't really want to root against Gano.  Would like to see him succeed somewhere else.  But at this point, I'm ready to move on, and don't like this kicker drama dragging out.  Don't think it is good for the team.

Having his week 1 salary guaranteed is already unspeakable.  This debacle is self inflicted CANCER to the most talented team in football.

32 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Oh having 2 kickers is not good for the team. That is why you don't see any other team carrying two kickers. It is a wasted space to carry 2. I can't believe they are considering carrying 2 kickers into the 1st game. What the hell are they going to do. Wait till Gano misses 2 FG's and then cut him? I don't get it at all.

Archived