• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Webb Cut - Derek Anderson kept

Jeremy Igo

This is kind of a jaw dropper for me. I figured DA would get to ride out this season, but I really expected us to keep Webb. He seemed to be playing pretty well out there and had a lot of upsides.

The only thing I can imagine is that we really needed the roster spot and he was getting a might expensive for a QB3. I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up in Buffalo as the backup QB, which may have been in the wings before this shook out.

I'm assuming the plan is to roll with Cam and DA and hope to have Gilbert on the PS. I would've rather kept Webb over DA due to his versatility. Neither is a good QB, so if your backup is gonna be trash, might as well roll with the guy who has the most versatility and who would require the least tweaking to the offense if he has to play. At least with Webb you retain mobility. Anything that involves the threat of the QB running or rolling out pretty much has to be scrapped with DA.

DA's decline is not new news   He didn't set the world on fire last year either

the time to address this was last year's draft, it is not like decent QBs are waiting for the Panthers. As far as grooming a pro QB, not sure Dorsey or Shula are capable of that

Time has got to be up on those offensive coaches if the Panthers crap the bed again this year

Archived