• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Webb Cut - Derek Anderson kept

Jeremy Igo

Until this preseason there was no question that DA was a solid backup QB and that Webb was being kept for his versatility. From what we've seen of DA so far this season, we're up poo creek if Cam gets hurt. This version of DA is so much worse than anything we've seen in the past that I'd have been less worried if DA had been the one to get cut.

6 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

If you couldn't see the drop-off then...

DA made horrible decisions, stared down his receivers, and never went beyond his first read even when he had a pocket. DA was not that bad last off season.

Again though, it's the pre season. I've seen Cam stink it up in the pre season and then look great when the real games start. I also still maintain that Webb wouldn't win any more games than DA, if something happened to Cam. Webb will look good for a minute and then throw an INT every time. This is just not that big of a deal to me because I know we're screwed if Cam misses a significant amount of time anyway. We would probably be better off just tanking for a better draft pick at that point.

Archived