• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andy Lee cut. Palardy is our Punter

Jeremy Igo

Promethean, please offer full stats for this preseason. After all, last year is over. Lee''s body ran down on him and he was on the shelf last nine games. Funny how you say age doesn't play a factor but age and injury have a direct correlation. So damn right age plays a factor.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

We're not just talking about a small difference here. A punter that can consistently pin teams in their own Red Zone is a weapon that makes a defense significantly better.

It isn't the yards. It's the placement.

I'd rather depend on my offense to get in the red zone than my punter.....

35 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Palardy is a Mustang??? Holy poo.

A Ferrari with 200,000 miles is still a Ferrari. Horrible analogy. Try again.

I think I'm spot on.. a mustang compared to a Ferrari is just an above average car.. that Ferrari misses half the season.. either way bye bye Lee..

Just now, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I can't believe there is so much angst over a freaking punter. If this team fails to make the play offs, it won't be because of Palardy.

It's not that, we are paying him to go away, when it was clear that he was the better option for this team.

I'm not worried in the least about getting a P after this season (Lee was going to out most likely after the 17 season), I just want to be decent on ST...something this particular regime has never been good at.

Most NFL fans couldn't name you the punters of the last 6 super bowl winning teams. I'm not gonna lose sleep over a punter. Most people who hate this move are Gettleman nut huggers who are still trying to validate that laughable trade.

its a known fact the best punters usually play for bad teams 

The team is obviously trying to go younger and more cost efficient. Was Lee the better punter? Yes. Was he 1.9 million dollars better? Debatable at best. 

We can use that money to secure another key cog on this team like Norwell or Star. Which is also why I believe that Gano is gone as well. We can roughly gain 6 million by getting rid of the veteran kickers.

7 minutes ago, Millioso7 said:

Well he just best out "the great" Andy Lee so embrace it

...in a decision made by the same guy who took Amini Silatolu over Cordy Glenn, DeShaun Foster over Clinton Portis and who counted on Dan Morgan to stay healthy rather than paying Will Witherspoon.

Not a ringing endorsement.

Archived