• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andy Lee cut. Palardy is our Punter

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Read my post.  I said that.  I said I understand that.  Very clearly.  My point was...if we are a top 10 punter away from being a good team, then that means we are spending more times punting than kicking off.  Which mean we aren't a very good team anyways. 

We're not just talking about a small difference here. A punter that can consistently pin teams in their own Red Zone is a weapon that makes a defense significantly better.

It isn't the yards. It's the placement.

Stbugs, you did not take into consideration where the ball is punted FROM when you gave me those stats. Is Palardy punts from the other team's 45 and downs it at the 10, that's a 35 yard punt. If he punts it from his own 40, pins ir at the ten, that is a 50 yard punt. Both punts inside the 20, but 15 yard discrepancy. Ergo, my point, which you incorrectly corrected.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope this turns out to go better than I expect. You could make a legit argument that Palardy was the worst punter in the NFL last year. It'll be a giant kick in the balls if Palardy struggles while Lee signs elsewhere and consistently bangs out boomers. It'll even be a bigger kick in the balls if that situation is accompanied by Gano still here shanking crucial kicks.

Sounds about right for a Hurney team. 

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

You guys are missing the point. First, the difference was almost 7 yards per punt and there are typically 5 punts a game. Let's get real, no one is saying a top 10 punter makes us a playoff team. We are saying that 35 extra offensive yards could be the difference between our opponent scoring a TD instead of a FG or a FG instead of a punt. That could easily alter the result of 1 or 2 close games. Would you rather host the NFC Chamionship or play on the road? Would you rather win your division or be a wild card? Would you rather lose a tiebreaker and sit at home or play in the playoffs?

Ganope missed FGs in 4 winnable games making us 6-10 instead of 10-6. I don't see why it is so hard to understand that one there are a handful of plays and situations that can impact the score by 3 or 4 points and that can be a huge impact for a talented team like ours that wants to win a Super Bowl. 

I hate Gano and hope to God he is cut.  I fully understand that he has lost games for us.  Was our team any better last season with Lee punting vs when Palardy punted after Lee got hurt?  Did our record change?  Did we lose a game we would have won with Lee healthy?

23 minutes ago, TCon said:

Imminent Rogaine, you can't read. I didn't say Palardy placed the ball at the 45 or 50, I said he punted FROM the 45 or 50. That greatly shortens the average.

"He had more punts inside the 40 and 50 then any punter in the league down the last 5 games"

I understand what you are saying now. That is still a very odd stat for you to cite. 

Archived