• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saturday Carolina Panthers Cuts thread

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, vorbis said:

I'll be curious to see if this is for a late/conditional pick, or one of those end of training camp player-for-player trades. it would seem to make a lot of sense to do the latter, with Southward/CScott/Gradkowski/etc not making the 53.

At this point, I wouldn't care if it is for a box of Cracker Jacks, if we can get anything for him, it would be worth it for Gano to be gagone.  Over the past couple of seasons, I literally feel deflated every time he goes out to attempt a FG because I know there's almost as good a chance he'll miss it as make it.

By the way, while we're waiting for more news, I've thought more about the surprise Crume cut.

I'm guessing it's to make room for DE Bryan Cox who has played really well.  With Hall injured, I can see us keeping Cox on the 53 and not risking him to waivers.  But I do think there's a chance Crume will get claimed, since he had a LOT of preseason snaps and thus lots of film, and generally played quite well.

Just now, KB_fan said:

By the way, while we're waiting for more news, I've thought more about the surprise Crume cut.

I'm guessing it's to make room for DE Bryan Cox who has played really well.  With Hall injured, I can see us keeping Cox on the 53 and not risking him to waivers.  But I do think there's a chance Crume will get claimed, since he had a LOT of preseason snaps and thus lots of film, and generally played quite well.

pretty sure he got claimed last year when he didn't make the 53. so he's on the radar for NFL teams at least.

1 minute ago, Gregg S said:

At this point, I wouldn't care if it is for a box of Cracker Jacks, if we can get anything for him, it would be worth it for Gano to be gagone.  Over the past couple of seasons, I literally feel deflated every time he goes out to attempt a FG because I know there's almost as good a chance he'll miss it as make it.

Gano is a great guy, and was a big part of our success in 2015.

But last year, that Denver miss seemed to haunt him and the team...

I do think we need to move on, for his sake and ours.  A trade for him would be best possible outcome rather than the "shame" of an outright cut.  I hope a fresh start somewhere will give him fresh career success.  Wish him well... somewhere else.

3 minutes ago, vorbis said:

pretty sure he got claimed last year when he didn't make the 53. so he's on the radar for NFL teams at least.

No, I think he was with us all last year, but not in 2015:

TRANSACTIONS

Signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by Jacksonville (5/8/15).

...Waived by Jacksonville (8/31/15)...

...Signed to practice squad by Green Bay (11/10/15)

...Terminated from practice squad by Green Bay (11/17/15)

...Signed as a free agent by Carolina (1/6/16)

...Waived by Carolina (9/3/16)

...Signed to practice squad by Carolina (9/4/16)

...Placed on practice squad/injured with an injured left knee by Carolina (11/9/16)

Signed as a free agent by Carolina (1/2/17)

Archived