• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saturday Carolina Panthers Cuts thread

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, enikville said:

Joe Webb is entering his 8th year in the league. I'm not sure how much more "upside" he has. You pretty much have what you have with him.

I understand that but how many years has Derek Anderson been in the league? Joe Webb yeah he is entering his 8th year but has only taken snaps in his first two seasons. We could be saying the same thing about Tom Brady if Drew Bledsoe never got hurt. I know that is a stretch, but who was all over Tom Brady when he was backing up Bledsoe? I don't remember a ton of people saying he was the next great thing. It all comes down to opportunities and Joe Webb has practically gotten zero chance. I not saying he is a starting QB at all but he could be a back up we really have no clue.

18 minutes ago, Cats Pride said:

I'm sorry but have you never heard of decline with age in career? Derek Anderson is going into this season at 34 years of age and yeah he has won some games but you cannot say he has lit up the league ever in his long career. His career is definitely on the downside. As for Joe Webb with his age most would consider he is in his prime age time. When he was thrust into those game he was in his first and second year of the season. This is almost a no brainer on who has the upside here and who is on the downside especially with the performance in the pre season and I don't care what defense they were playing against.

Oh believe me I want them both gone lol.. I like the Gilbert kid for some sick reason..

they. Both. Suck. But. D. A. Is. An. Actual. Q. B. &. Joe. Web. Is. A. football. Player. Who. Can. Play. Many. Positions. But. None. To. Well. Besides. Cam. Newton. Is. Our. Q. B. Who. Really. Cares. That. Much. About. This. Mess? Sayonara. Webby.

9 minutes ago, Millioso7 said:

Oh believe me I want them both gone lol.. I like the Gilbert kid for some sick reason..

they. Both. Suck. But. D. A. Is. An. Actual. Q. B. &. Joe. Web. Is. A. football. Player. Who. Can. Play. Many. Positions. But. None. To. Well. Besides. Cam. Newton. Is. Our. Q. B. Who. Really. Cares. That. Much. About. This. Mess? Sayonara. Webby.

I agree the best scenario would be to have a better option as a back up QB but that isn't what is there. Cam is Superman and I hope to God he makes it through the entire season taking all the snaps but realistically that may not happen. Should they turn a trade for a better back up sure, but I think it is time to at least give Webb a shot if the opportunity calls. We already know what DA can do and he pretty much sucks. Webb's stats are very limited and from his first two seasons. We have no clue what he can really do in a real game now. Gilbert, I agree is also a good option as well.

10 minutes ago, Millioso7 said:

It will be interesting to see how they set up the practice squad.  Will there be a quarterback on it or will they continue to develop wide receivers and O/D line players?  It may give us a glimpse as to perceived weaknesses going into the season.

4 minutes ago, CarolinaBlue65 said:

It will be interesting to see how they set up the practice squad.  Will there be a quarterback on it or will they continue to develop wide receivers and O/D line players?  It may give us a glimpse as to perceived weaknesses going into the season.

Psquad. Will. Always. Have. One. Q. B. Hopefully. It's. the. Gilbert. Kid.

11 minutes ago, Cats Pride said:

I agree the best scenario would be to have a better option as a back up QB but that isn't what is there. Cam is Superman and I hope to God he makes it through the entire season taking all the snaps but realistically that may not happen. Should they turn a trade for a better back up sure, but I think it is time to at least give Webb a shot if the opportunity calls. We already know what DA can do and he pretty much sucks. Webb's stats are very limited and from his first two seasons. We have no clue what he can really do in a real game now. Gilbert, I agree is also a good option as well.

Webby. Sucks. Against. 1st. String. Defenses. Derek. Anderson. Sucks. To. Just. Not. As. Bad. &. I. would. Not. Trade. Anything. We. Have. For. A. Back. Up. Q. B..

also. How. Many. Games. Has cam. Really. Missed. In. His. Career? Not. Many. This. Cam. Is. Injury. Prone. Narrative. Is. Over. Hyped.

1 hour ago, Millioso7 said:

Webby. Sucks. Against. 1st. String. Defenses. Derek. Anderson. Sucks. To. Just. Not. As. Bad. &. I. would. Not. Trade. Anything. We. Have. For. A. Back. Up. Q. B..

also. How. Many. Games. Has cam. Really. Missed. In. His. Career? Not. Many. This. Cam. Is. Injury. Prone. Narrative. Is. Over. Hyped.

I just hope to hell you didn't just jinx it. :)

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And what news would make this NFL day complete?

Word that the Broncos are bringing back Brock Osweiler.

Thought about that when the Browns cut him.  Maybe the comfort level/familiarity will tap into whatever disappeared in Houston and Cleveland, although I never thought there was a lot there in Denver either lol.

Archived