• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saturday Carolina Panthers Cuts thread

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

If anyone has sources who can help clarify IR designated to return rule, it would be really helpful.  There is TONS of confusion on this question today all over Twitter.

On one hand you have Field Yates tweeting this:

But around the same time, Ian Rapapport was tweeting this, which suggests Yates is WRONG:

My understanding has been that any player sent to IR today is eligible for designated return (2 players can return) after 8 weeks on IR.  But I could be wrong....

I haven't found the actual rule yet, but based upon a number of articles about the 2017 change, you are correct. This year, two players placed on IR can return in their eighth week after being out for a min. of six. The old designated to return label can now be used at the time of recall. That's what I got out of the media coverage on the rules change, but the media gonna media, so be forewarned.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I still have us at 9 cuts to go...I know we are all waiting on the kicker shoe to drop but I feel like I am missing some or the beat writers/Panthers media hasn't let us know them all. 

Simmons RB.  I assume is cut based on others kept. but no announcment.

was he cut yesterday? I don't recall.

2 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Simmons RB.  I assume is cut based on others kept. but no announcment.

I hear ya, I assume that as well but just don't want to pull the trigger until I see the name. Obviously a kicker is gone too which would bring us down to 7.

Also assuming Garrett, Frazier will be gone too because of the WR situation unless they keep them for STs.

Archived