• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saturday Carolina Panthers Cuts thread

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, Arroz con Panther said:

I saw someone tweet that if a player was placed on IR today, they would be out for the entire season. In other words, it isn't short-term IR. Can anyone confirm? I can't remember who tweeted it.

ESPN reporter Field Yates.  I think he's wrong.  Especially since Rap tweeted something to to contrary...

Trying to get verification of rules.

If anyone has sources who can help clarify IR designated to return rule, it would be really helpful.  There is TONS of confusion on this question today all over Twitter.

On one hand you have Field Yates tweeting this:

But around the same time, Ian Rapapport was tweeting this, which suggests Yates is WRONG:

My understanding has been that any player sent to IR today is eligible for designated return (2 players can return) after 8 weeks on IR.  But I could be wrong....

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Slightly surprised by Webb being cut and DA staying, especially considering Webb's versatility and ST play.  Also a bit surprised by Lee considering what we gave up for him, as well as cutting Cox.

Gilbert's play had everything to do with this...They had to know they could stash him on the PS---no longer needed a 3rd QB on the roster.  Then they used the spot to add Clay, a special team player.  I would not be surprised to see Gilbert as the #2 QB by next season.

Archived