• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saturday Carolina Panthers Cuts thread

Jeremy Igo

The bubble players:

CAP/Whittaker--with 6 WRs, can we keep 5 RBs (incl. FB)?  That is 11 players of the 25 offensive players---9 OL, 3 TEs, and 2 QBs.  It works, but 9 OL is a bit thin--besides, the D may need 26 roster spots if they are keeping 7 LBs.

I think Frazier, Garrett, Simmons, Wallace, Johnson, Gradkowski, Van Roten, Richards (maybe, or Cole) are gone.

Wallace? Really?

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Horton is on the roster, no doubt. Cox and Crume made sure of that. I'm thinking Manhertz may make it.

Frazier, Garrett, Simmons and Wallace seem like locks for 4 of the 9. Johnson as well but I know very little about him other than I assumed he was behind Crume. 

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The bubble players:

CAP/Whittaker--with 6 WRs, can we keep 5 RBs (incl. FB)?  That is 11 players of the 25 offensive players---9 OL, 3 TEs, and 2 QBs.  It works, but 9 OL is a bit thin--besides, the D may need 26 roster spots if they are keeping 7 LBs.

I think Frazier, Garrett, Simmons, Wallace, Johnson, Gradkowski, Van Roten, Richards (maybe, or Cole) are gone.

Voth has already reported that both CAP and Fozzy have made the team.

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The bubble players:

Grad already released.

4 minutes ago, Arroz con Panther said:

Voth has already reported that both CAP and Fozzy have made the team.

So, the plan is to go with 16 skill players (5 RBs, 6 WRs,  3 TEs, and 2 QBs).  That suggests 2 things--the offense could be more wide open--with some 2-back sets, perhaps.

THat we are going with Hybrid OL--Silatolu (G/T), Larsen (C/G), and Moten (T/G).

Archived