• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saturday Carolina Panthers Cuts thread

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

No money involved in Lee, pretty much sunk costs for 2017, no real savings at all in terms of cap. Maybe they were worried about losing Palardy since they do save cap next year. 

Yeah, I think it's a case of wanting to hold on to the young guy and not have to look for another punter in 1-2 years.

1 minute ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

And here comes the Bersin hate. Everybody loves Byrd, who has one career catch though.

Bersin to IR is good news.

His injury doesn't seem too serious.  Frees up a spot for someone else.  But if in mid-season we're needing more WR depth we can return him to roster.

7 minutes ago, Steve_Smith_Sr. said:

And stupid.  Smh....

on the surface.   However, Lee is old and maybe injury-prone. This would have been his last year.  Statistically, there was not a lot of difference. Lee is good at sticking punts inside the 10; Palardy good at directional kicking.  Ask the ST coordinator which is more important, and they will tell you the directional kicking.  This is not to say that Lee could not do that, but he is not known for it....As limited as my knowledge is about it.

Cut Palardy, keep Lee and you are drafting a P in the winter.  Palardy has talent and a long future ahead.  I like the move.  All moves are not for the upcoming season--a good GM looks down the road.

Archived