• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kicks from last night: Butker 5 , Gano 1

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

So, with just one good year and prior years of mediocrity and horrible kicking with Washington, he got a contract that put him in the upper echelon of kickers? He didn't earn the contract he got, but like I've said with all our bad contracts that's been handed out over the years, there's nothing to do about it now. Atleast we can right this mistake.

Think about this. The Panthers have had 3 of the worst kickers in franchise history back..to back..to back. Mare, Medlock, Gano. When does the madness end?

Whatever happens, we have to try a different approach. I wouldn't give any kicker regardless of the circumstances more than a 2 year contract after what we've had endure. Cut Gano. Roll the dice with Butker, and bring in more competition.

Of course I have serious doubts Gano is even cut, unless Rivera's hand is forced.

8 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Think about this. The Panthers have had 3 of the worst kickers in franchise history back..to back..to back. Mare, Medlock, Gano. When does the madness end?

Whatever happens, we have to try a different approach. I wouldn't give any kicker regardless of the circumstances more than a 2 year contract after what we've had endure. Cut Gano. Roll the dice with Butker, and bring in more competition.

Of course I have serious doubts Gano is even cut, unless Rivera's hand is forced.

Maybe this is why they drafted a kicker for the first time in franchise history?

2 hours ago, TheRed said:

Eh, it's not a good look for you to be randomly belittling anyone else about mental illness after some of your personal posts here discussing your own loneliness and depression. You certainly weren't ridiculed as I recall. Stay classy.

That wasn't me belittling you. I legitimately think you have mental issues you need help for.

And it's anxiety and depression not loneliness ;-) 

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

That wasn't me belittling you. I legitimately think you have mental issues you need help for.

If you were genuinely concerned about mental mental in general you wouldn't be here publicly stigmatizing the issue by using it as a prop to disparage a stranger on a sports message board over a petty disagreement about football of all things. People like you are why mental illness is such a taboo subject in this country. Be better.

27 minutes ago, TheRed said:

If you were genuinely concerned about mental mental in general you wouldn't be here publicly stigmatizing the issue by using it as a prop to disparage a stranger on a sports message board over a petty disagreement about football of all things. People like you are why mental illness is such a taboo subject in this country. Be better.

Lol

i want to think that butker was drafted to push gano, but i think he may have pushed him right out of the door.

i don't think that butker is spectacular, but i also don't think there is enough advantage to keeping around the cagey old vet at the price we are paying for him.

drop gano and try butker for a while, but keep our eye out for a better option as well.

9 minutes ago, Borat said:

Know Butker personally -- great kid, awesome athlete, and clutch. Rooting for him to make the roster. 

GMan wanted him.  Panther fans wanted him.  Only drafted kicker in Panthers history.  Insanity is prevailing now but hopefully any day, hour, minute, or second, sanity will prevail, and the kid will get his shot.

Archived