• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kicks from last night: Butker 5 , Gano 1

Jeremy Igo

15 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Completely agree. A rookie kicker is just too much of a gamble. Imagine we cut Gano and he immediately signs with Buccaneers!

Uh... I'd celebrate? I hope all of our trash ends up staying in the division. If I knew the Bucs would sign Gano, that would only make me even MORE likely to cut his ass. You mean we get rid of him AND he'll be shanking crucial kicks for the Bucs? Win/win!

Gano kicked his balls off in 2013, 6-6 from 50+ yards was best in the NFL and he only missed three total all season. He got the extension after that 2013 season, with the FO obviously believed he was the long term solution to that position. Turned out to not be the case, but it wasn't some ludicrous contract.

http://www.nfl.com/player/grahamgano/71309/careerstats

It's not even the fact that he's garbage at this point. Dude is a straight b*tch and has a weak mentality. Went around blocking EVERYBODY (including me) yesterday who said anything about his missed kicks. Then that incident where he pointed to the skies for a long time causing Rivera to yank him off the field........................................ON A EXTRA POINT! And that's not even accounting for all the bullsh*t misses at critical times the past 3 years.

He is my most disliked Panther player at the moment. I just don't like the dude. I'd rather watch Butker miss then have to endure one more Gano sighting.

7 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Gano kicked his balls off in 2013, 6-6 from 50+ yards was best in the NFL and he only missed three total all season. He got the extension after that 2013 season, with the FO obviously believed he was the long term solution to that position. Turned out to not be the case, but it wasn't some ludicrous contract.

http://www.nfl.com/player/grahamgano/71309/careerstats

Doesn't matter what he did before he got the extension.

He's a bottom tier kicker right now. Just like he was when he left Washington.

We gambled on an inconsistent kicker. Bad contract is a bad contract.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Doesn't matter what he did before he got the extension.

He's a bottom tier kicker right now.

Bad contract is a bad contract.

It's certainly not a good contract, but to call it historically bad is hyperbole. Gano is one of the best in the league at getting touchbacks. The panthers saved a roster spot having Gano on double duty. 

1 minute ago, Cary Kollins said:

It's certainly not a good contract, but to call it historically bad is hyperbole. Gano is one of the best in the league at getting touchbacks. The panthers saved a roster spot having Gano on double duty. 

The 4 year 12+ million dollar contracts of Mare and Gano back to back makes it historically bad. They will only be remembered as chokers. And we made them amongst the highest paid at their positions. We have to learn from this.

41 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Im not disgruntled about anything besides the fact I think you have a mental illness that needs to be addressed. 

Eh, it's not a good look for you to be randomly belittling anyone else about mental illness after some of your personal posts here discussing your own loneliness and depression. You certainly weren't ridiculed as I recall. Stay classy.

17 minutes ago, Castavar said:

It's not even the fact that he's garbage at this point. Dude is a straight b*tch and has a weak mentality. Went around blocking EVERYBODY (including me) yesterday who said anything about his missed kicks. Then that incident where he pointed to the skies for a long time causing Rivera to yank him off the field........................................ON A EXTRA POINT! And that's not even accounting for all the bullsh*t misses at critical times the past 3 years.

He is my most disliked Panther player at the moment. I just don't like the dude. I'd rather watch Butker miss then have to endure one more Gano sighting.

He's literally made me sick from some time.  SICK!!!!

Here's hoping he's invested his millions that he didn't earn and goes back to Florida or wherever the hell else and has a nice life-FOREVER out of sight of Panther fans unless it's missing kicks for the Bucs.

So, with just one good year and prior years of mediocrity and horrible kicking with Washington, he got a contract that put him in the upper echelon of kickers? He didn't earn the contract he got, but like I've said with all our bad contracts that's been handed out over the years, there's nothing to do about it now. Atleast we can right this mistake.

Archived