• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kicks from last night: Butker 5 , Gano 1

Jeremy Igo

Gano can't even handle random criticism from average joe's on twitter. Meanwhile we have the highest percentage of cap allocated to the position of any other team in the league right now.

This is never going to be a successful franchise as long as we have boot lickers that can't admit what is staring them right in the face because it might paint their former GM in a negative light.

What a bunch of pathetic f*ckery.

14 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Not a comparison? Are you high? We gave him more than we gave Mare.

Gano has never been considered "clutch" in his entire career. It's why he got ran out of Washington, and it's why he's about to get ran out of Charlotte.

You're trying way too hard to let Dave off the hook here. He's done many good things for the Panthers, the Gano contract was in no way shape or form one of them. It has hurt our franchise. Period.

And down the rabbit hole we go with thered. It's why no one likes to respond to you. I simply respond to you saying " it's one of the worst contracts in franchise history" now to this. Gano was clutch for us for a stretch of time hence my comments. Especially the super bowl run. You acting like a 4 year 15 million dollar contract to a kicker that we can now get out of and save 3.5 million "hurt" our franchise is such hyperbole. He got the yips. Bad. We need to find his replacement which we CAN do without ridiculous cap implications.  I'm not trying to let Dave off the hook, it's just that you're acting like we have a deangelo Williams contract on our hands. 

10 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

And down the rabbit hole we go with thered. It's why no one likes to respond to you. I simply respond to you saying " it's one of the worst contracts in franchise history" now to this. Gano was clutch for us for a stretch of time hence my comments. Especially the super bowl run. You acting like a 4 year 15 million dollar contract to a kicker that we can now get out of and save 3.5 million "hurt" our franchise is such hyperbole. He got the yips. Bad. We need to find his replacement which we CAN do without ridiculous cap implications.  I'm not trying to let Dave off the hook, it's just that you're acting like we have a deangelo Williams contract on our hands. 

Oh geez. Stop cowering already. You quoted me, not the other way around. We both know you're only arguing with me here because you're still disgruntled about something else completely unrelated to this. I mean, just poo or get off the pot already man.

I said it was an historically bad contract for our franchise, and it is. For a kicker. He's paid within the top of his position. Yet he consistently performs at the bottom. And this is the second time we've given an awful contract like this to a kicker since 2011. I wasn't remotely attempting to compare it to running back contracts or other outrageously high dollar contracts because no franchise would even approach those amounts for a kicker, those are different positions. I shouldn't have to explain that to an adult that claims to know about football, that should be common sense. You were the one who made that dubious connection, not me.

But beyond all that, one simple truth is clear. Gano is hurting this team. He must go.

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

Don't be daft. It isn't about contract size. It's about historical context. In this discussion, it is our history with kickers. Who have the Carolina Panthers had at the kicker position in franchise history that could be considered consistently reliable beyond John Kasay? We've made 2 of the biggest chokers in franchise history near highest paid at their position (Mare, Gano) in the last 6 years alone. With all that in mind, yes, it is an all time awful contract for our franchise.

I liked that red headed kid we got when Kasay got hurt. He went on to the Bengals. Might still be there. I don't know.

11 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Oh geez. Stop cowering already. You quoted me, not the other way around. We both know you're only arguing with me here because you're still disgruntled about something else completely unrelated to this. I mean, just poo or get off the pot already man.

I said it was an historically bad contract for our franchise, and it is. For a kicker. He's paid within the top of his position. Yet he consistently performs at the bottom. And this is the second time we've given an awful contract like this to a kicker since 2011. I wasn't remotely attempting to compare it to running back contracts or other outrageously high dollar contracts because no franchise would even approach those amounts for a kicker, those are different positions. I shouldn't have to explain that to an adult that claims to know about football, that should be common sense. You were the one who made that dubious connection, not me.

But beyond all that, one simple truth is clear. Gano is hurting this team. He must go.

Im not disgruntled about anything besides the fact I think you have a mental illness that needs to be addressed. 

2 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Gano was money when he got the contract, then he got the yips. Cut your losses.

He's had the yips off and on his whole career though.

Even when he was making kicks he was supposed to be making for us he would still randomly whiff on an XP.

Honestly he should never have been anything more than a temporary fix after what we witnessed with Mare and Medlock. Rivera is probably the biggest factor that explains why Gano is still here. He is steadfastly loyal to his veterans to a fault.

13 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Completely agree. A rookie kicker is just too much of a gamble. Imagine we cut Gano and he immediately signs with Buccaneers!

So why did we draft one then if being a rookie alone is too much of a gamble?

Archived