• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Carolina Panthers Cuts Thread

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, dldove77 said:

I don't own any Bersin jerseys, but I like his ability to consistently run an accurate route and catch a pass. He can play a Cotchery-type role on this team and I think there's value there. He'll never wow anyone in practice or a game. 

But since he is the 5th or 6th WR that doesn't matter because hopefully he doesn't see the field.  Also add in the fact he adds nothing to special teams.. He becomes a wasted position on the roster..

4 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

So far no real surprises, at least not after the injuries to Sanchez & Williams last night.  As I wrote last night, those injuries came at a terrible time.  We're already so thin at DE with Corn Elder still out.  So we couldn't afford to carry either Sanchez or Williams injured.  Need healthy backup CBs.  I assume one will be Cole Luke, but that we will SIGN SOMEONE!

If not for injury, I assume Teddy Williams would have made roster, which I'm ambivalent about.  Hope we can find someone better... but CB depth is alarming.

Truly biggest surprise for me is cutting Obada who was already safely on the PS as special 11th guy...  I can only guess we want to make him a regular PS guy with chance of promotion to regular roster eventually.

A cheap option would be Ron Brooks just released by Philadelphia

4 minutes ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

he was not cut from the PS. 

he will be the 11th member of the PS. He was cut from the 90.

Well all along on Panthers.com on the roster page, he's been listed as being on the PS, from the beginning of camp.

Last night when I saved the roster, we had 90 guys on the active roster,  2 guys on IR, and Obada on the PS.  So he wasn't on the 90.

Sorry if I'm making a mountain out of a molehill in regards to Obada .  There's not much else to talk about among these first 13 cuts (Other than Sanchez / Teddy Williams injuries and need for CB).

Obada impressed me a lot.  I hope that by some means or another he does end up as a NORMAL guy on our PS that we can develop for the future and possibly promote.   Am I crazy for hoping this?  Did anyone else like what they saw of him?

13 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Sorry if I'm making a mountain out of a molehill in regards to Obada .  There's not much else to talk about among these first 13 cuts (Other than Sanchez / Teddy Williams injuries and need for CB).

Obada impressed me a lot.  I hope that by some means or another he does end up as a NORMAL guy on our PS that we can develop for the future and possibly promote.   Am I crazy for hoping this?  Did anyone else like what they saw of him?

5 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

there is no reason not to keep Obada on the PS, he doesnt count against us to keep him

Obada didn't count toward the 90-man roster and is now free to sign with any team. As a fledgling member of the league's International Player Pathway Program, he may be signed to any other team's roster or 10-man practice squad after cuts, or he could be an exempt 11th member of the Panthers' practice squad who then wouldn't be eligible for promotion to the 53-man roster.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-reduce-roster-to-77/29a7f5c5-df97-43c4-8b4e-59030735a892

Archived