• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera won't say if Cam is playing Thursday or not

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, w280sax said:

Negative...its not worth the risk to play the entire offense in this last preseason game even for one series and there is no way Cam is playing without the rest of the 1st string.

Couldn't agree more with this ^^

What would be the point of Cam being out there unless the entire 1st string offense is out there?  Just don't really think it would benefit us very much.

The usual veterans probably wont get any time during game 4 of this pre season (Cam, Olsen, KB, Kalil, Stew, Luke , Davis). Not sure about every one else though.

The more interesting question is how much playing time will our rookies get? Samuel probably needs the reps if he can get them but no Idea on McCaffrey. They might just try to be cautious and not play him at all, or will they give him his customary 1  quarter and some change playing time? I could see them just playing Artis Payne and Whitaker so they have a broader body of work to make a final decision on who to keep. 

I can see both sides honestly. On one hand, its obviously a risk playing Cam I certainly wouldn't want anything to happen our star quarterback. But on the other, Cam has a tendency to show come out somewhat shaky and maybe one more solid drive will knock off any remaining rust. Kind of a double edged sword

One or two more pre season drives isnt going to fully prepare cam for the season or fully knock off the rust coming back from a shoulder surgery. I think for the first quarter or half of the season he's going to have to adapt on the fly with getting his in game timing right with his throws and receiving targets. We just don't know exactly how long itll take. 

59 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Nah...no reason to. 

My reasoning is his drive last game was perfect and likely won't be topped. Let's carry that momentum into regular season.

My only concern is Cam threw two passes, and both went less than 10 yards downfield. He never really uncorked one. 

Archived