• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Roster Projection

Jeremy Igo

Don't see how anybody thinks this defense is top 10 unless they go after another safety and cb. We have older safety's and need another. All we have at cb is Bradberry. Worley has been terrible and getting beat like crazy in games. Look for another 300 from Julio if he keeps playing that bad. We have to go after some people when cuts happen. Also whoever said Clay and Bryd are ahead of CMC in PR is crazy. CMC is number 1 punt returner.

10 hours ago, Millioso7 said:

Russell is way better and making it over bersin but ok.. you're obviously just a casual fan or troll..

Neither casual or a troll. We'll see. Should know in less than a week.

Bersin always makes the team because he's really good at a very specific skill -- he can go into heavy traffic and catch a ball one yard past the first down marker. It isn't flashy, he usually doesn't pick up YAC, and he often gets crushed by a couple of linebackers and maybe a safety when he does it. But he makes the catch, holds onto the ball and gets the clutch first down. He might only be called on to do it once every couple of games, but that's something every coach needs once in a while -- it can make or break a game. The coach has confidence in him and, more importantly, Cam has confidence in him in that situation.

Sorry, but to take his spot on the team, you just have to be able to do that one job. We've got big possession receivers (KB and Funchess). We've got the middle of the field guy who can break the game open (Olsen). We've got a burner (Byrd) and we've got a couple of sure-handed speedsters that are YAC monsters (CMC and Samuels). Bersin is your 3rd and 11 in the late 3rd quarter go to guy that will snag the first down and be carted off the field after the catch.

My 2 cents - I agree with most everything Igo said, so I'll just list where my opinion differs:

We only keep 2 TE's. Armah can fill in as a back up to Dickson in the H-back role. Manhertz aint the answer if anything (heaven help us) happens to Greg.

9 on the O-line. We cut Gradkowski and stash VanRotten/Folkerts on the PS (I think they're both eligible). I haven't seen anything from Gino to make me think he needs a roster spot, both our backup tackles are better guards, and Larsen has passed him as backup center. Hell, Scott filled in at center last year when needed.

That gives us 24 on offense, so we keep 6 WR's, even though 5 does make sense with CMC. Not sure who that guy is yet; Clay adds ST value as a returner but Bersin has that certain je ne sias quoi (edit: see Khyber53's post above) that always keeps him around even if he's not active on Sundays. If I have to pick, I give Clay the nod. Duke and Garrett are PS bound.

On Defense... We keep Love and Crume. When healthy, Love is better. But his health/age are concerns, and Crume may be having too good of a pre-season to clear waivers.

Safety and CB depth concern me. We will likely pick up a cast off to replace Teddy Williams and McCray (or Jones). Adams looked bad in the last game, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Same goes for Worley, he's still improving though.

8 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Bersin always makes the team because he's really good at a very specific skill -- he can go into heavy traffic and catch a ball one yard past the first down marker. It isn't flashy, he usually doesn't pick up YAC, and he often gets crushed by a couple of linebackers and maybe a safety when he does it. But he makes the catch, holds onto the ball and gets the clutch first down. He might only be called on to do it once every couple of games, but that's something every coach needs once in a while -- it can make or break a game. The coach has confidence in him and, more importantly, Cam has confidence in him in that situation.

Sorry, but to take his spot on the team, you just have to be able to do that one job. We've got big possession receivers (KB and Funchess). We've got the middle of the field guy who can break the game open (Olsen). We've got a burner (Byrd) and we've got a couple of sure-handed speedsters that are YAC monsters (CMC and Samuels). Bersin is your 3rd and 11 in the late 3rd quarter go to guy that will snag the first down and be carted off the field after the catch.

I'm not reading that.. last time I saw bersin across the middle was against the eagles a few years back and it was dropped and intercepted.. he fukkin sucks:eyeroll:

1 hour ago, Millioso7 said:

I'm not reading that.. last time I saw bersin across the middle was against the eagles a few years back and it was dropped and intercepted.. he fukkin sucks:eyeroll:

Dang man, you aren't even a casual fan, just a lackadaisical one. And sorry to have stressed you by writing up more than two paragraphs, your head must be pounding.

17 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Dang man, you aren't even a casual fan, just a lackadaisical one. And sorry to have stressed you by writing up more than two paragraphs, your head must be pounding.

Haha I was in class but I eventually read the hogwash.. & I stand firm RUSSELL SHEPPARD IS BETTER THEN BRENT BERSIN.. who is not even healthy at the moment.. what does Brent bersin do better then Russell Sheppard? seriously I'm simply speaking objectively 

20 hours ago, sanjay_rajput said:

This notion that Dickson is the best blocking TE is ridiculous. Manhertz is moving up and will be 2nd TE by game 3 

I laugh every time you disagree with something Jeremy says. You get so stuck on people like Ross and Manhertz haha

13 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Well reasoned and written.

4 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

I laugh every time you disagree with something Jeremy says. You get so stuck on people like Ross and Manhertz haha

3 hours ago, sanjay_rajput said:

I love how you come & argue against all my posts. I think you're a secret admirer of my work   :)

Chuck+Woolery+on+Scrabble.jpg

10 hours ago, Millioso7 said:

Haha I was in class but I eventually read the hogwash.. & I stand firm RUSSELL SHEPPARD IS BETTER THEN BRENT BERSIN.. who is not even healthy at the moment.. what does Brent bersin do better then Russell Sheppard? seriously I'm simply speaking objectively 

I'm guessing he spells his own name better than you do. :crying:

I think this projection is going to be pretty spot on but somehow hope Boulware atleast makes Practice Squad, if not 53 should be great Special teams asset.  However, i think our 1st are one of the most talented in the NFL, after that depth has my concern.  Corner and Safety depth especially.  here are the most updated cuts so far this week that i think we should kick tires on:

Bills cut S Baccari Rambo

Lions waive T Cyrus Kouandjio

Bills cut CB Jumal Rolle (because I played ball with him in college also LJ McCray whos on roster)

Lions cut DT Bruce Gaston (young big bodied DT whos been on our roster)

Lions cut TE Tim Wright (had great season a year or so ago good pass catching TE)

Archived