• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Roster Projection

Jeremy Igo

44 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Somebody's gotta be inactive anyway, though.

That's fair. Hope it works out that way. Have to believe Corn is better than the guys at the end of the DB depth chart. We'll see soon....

Edit: you would have to be pretty sure Corn was going to be ready to go by week 2 to do this. God forbid a DB get banged up in the first game. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That kick returner isn't as important as it once was, though Nails has a valid point also.

Right, and we were discussing Fozzy's impact on ST as a reason why he should be kept on the roster. I didn't agree with RR about it and you seem to be agreeing with me. I would think if your trying to decide between keeping Fozzy and Armah based on upside at their position in the future as well as ST, you gotta go with Armah.

1 hour ago, RoaringRiot said:

you would have to be pretty sure Corn was going to be ready to go by week 2 to do this. God forbid a DB get banged up in the first game. 

Then you activate Sanchez or Luke again after that week... Would not be worried at all keeping Corn on the roster even if he couldn't play for a month. If you put him on IR I don't think he'd be able to practice until like 6 weeks in or something and that would hinder his development and he probably wouldn't be ready to play any meaningful snaps at that point anyways. Only reason you IR him is if you plan on redshirting him this year and not playing him, which I don't think is a good idea. Worst case, keep Corn and add another corner if needed at the expense of another position. Real question here is why the hell are we keeping Teddy. He can't play corner at all, and his ST is so up and down that the bad cancels out the good so much that he's worth nothing to us there. Keep Luke or Sanchez over Teddy.

I feel like Butker should be on the practice squad if he doesn't make the team. He has looked good all pre-season. Seriously, he could turn out to be the Panthers version of Dan Bailey back when the Cowboys cut their starting kicker and took a chance.

3 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I feel like Butker should be on the practice squad if he doesn't make the team. He has looked good all pre-season. Seriously, he could turn out to be the Panthers version of Dan Bailey back when the Cowboys cut their starting kicker and took a chance.

He'll be a Buc if we're that stupid.  We can't be that stupid.  I hope.

2 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

One important factor to take into consideration would be who would handle kickoff returns if we cut Fozzy.

Clay, Byrd. CMC. One thing I've noticed though is our kick return blocking is awful. So it may not matter who does it.

5 hours ago, Caleb Herndon said:

No one giving home town boy Austin Duke and chance? Saw him play at UNC Charlotte a few times... very comparable to Brandin Cooks

I am pulling for him but he doesn't have much of a shot at the regular roster. 

He will be on the practice squad though. Nothing to sneeze at for an undrafted rookie. Quite an accomplishment. 

Archived