• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Roster Projection

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

I see us carrying 6 WRs. Clay is our best punt returner and will help us in field position. I think the injuries at DT depth will force us to keep an extra DT over an extra RB like Fozzy. Anderson's complete meltdown I think should make the decision easier to cut him, which would free up an extra player we could use in the secondary like L.J. McCray. Which will help because Colin Jones has looked terrible out there. 

We can also keep Gilbert on the practice squad. Armah should be safe on the practice squad as well. I think we keep Southward as the backup FS/CB due to the severity of depth at CB. I could also see us cutting Horton in favor of someone else. The reason I have him here is because I believe we would use a heavy rotation at DE due to Peppers' and Johnson's age. 

Butker has shown he should be our kicker. If Gano makes it, and it would not surprise me, it shows the complete lack of judgement from Rivera. This roster cut will tell us which direction this team is going. Are we going to really "evolve" and put the best 53 man squad together or are we going to stay the course and keep "Rivera's guys" or players that give us the feels?

PS: Can someone tell me how to edit signatures again?

OFFENSE: 
WR1: Kelvin Benjamin - #Russel Shepard# - #Kaelin Clay#
LT: #Matt Kalil# - #Amini Silatolu#
LG: Andrew Norwell - Tyler Larsen
C: Ryan Kalil - Gino Gradkowski 
RG: Trai Turner 
RT: Daryl Williams - *Taylor Moton*
TE:  Greg Olsen - Ed Dickson - Chris Manhertz 
WR2: Devin Funchess - *Curtis Samuel* - Damiere Byrd
QB: Cam Newton - Joe Webb 
FB: #Darrel Young# 
RB: Jonathan Stewart - *Christian McCaffrey* - Cameron Artis-Payne

DEFENSE: 
LE: #Julius Peppers# - *Daeshon Hall* - Wes Horton
UT: Kawann Short - Vernon Butler 
NT: Star Lotulelei - #Kyle Love# - #Eric Crume#
RE: Charles Johnson - Mario Addison 
SLB: Shaq Thompson - Jeremy Cash
MLB: Luke Kuechly - David Mayo 
WLB: Thomas Davis - Jared Norris  
LCB: James Bradberry - #Captain Munnerlyn# 
RCB: Daryl Worley - *Corn Elder* - Teddy Williams
SS: #Mike Adams# - Colin Jones - #L.J. McCray#
FS: Kurt Coleman - #Dezmen Southward#

SPECIAL TEAMS: 
K/KO: *Harrison Butker*
P/H: Andy Lee
KR: #Kaelin Clay# - Damiere Byrd - *Christian McCaffrey* - Joe Webb
PR: #Kaelin Clay# - Damiere Byrd - *Christian McCaffrey* - #Captain Munnerlyn#
LS: J.J. Jansen 

* = Draft Pick
# = Free Agent
() = Undrafted Free Agent

The D for the Gano/Butker comments, even though CMC is our best PR.

5 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

I'm not arguing that. Last year got me pretty discouraged. Can only hope he comes back strong

He cannot.  He was a vagabond sucking outcast from a house of horrors NFL kicking school with no home that no one wanted until he leeched on here.  He's made good money already to be a career sub 80% choke artist.  You are what you are.  And he sucks.

Sorry, I see the team keeping Sanchez (who has shown some sparks in the last game) and is still a young CB with potential. I don't see Teddy Williams keeping a roster spot.

Also, I imagine we'd see Bersin retain a spot and Manhertz not make the final cuts.

2 minutes ago, Nails said:

He cannot.  He was a vagabond sucking outcast from a house of horrors NFL kicking school with no home that no one wanted until he leeched on here.  He's made good money already to be a career sub 80% choke artist.  You are what you are.  And he sucks.

Like I said...I'm not arguing that at all. I'm just saying based on what's happened this preseason there doesn't appear to really be any real competition at K. 

I would say I'm happy to be wrong, but based on the misses I've seen from Butker in camp he's not an upgrade 

8 minutes ago, Nails said:

The Super Bowl mattered.  Week 1 2016 mattered.  New Orleans 2016 mattered.  Seattle 2015 mattered.  Gano must go.

Exacty, and Butker has not kicked anything that matters. If they dont think he's better they dont think hes better.

2 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Like I said...I'm not arguing that at all. I'm just saying based on what's happened this preseason there doesn't appear to really be any real competition at K. 

I would say I'm happy to be wrong, but based on the misses I've seen from Butker in camp he's not an upgrade 

Gano has missed this preseason and almost missed an XP too while Butker hasn't missed yet.

Just now, KillerKat said:

Gano has missed this preseason and almost missed an XP too while Butker hasn't missed yet.

Exactly and looked great while nailing them too, plenty of leg and confidence.  All while dealing with new surroundings as a young kid.

Archived