• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game planning for San Fran begins today

Jeremy Igo

You can bet your sweet hiney that Luke and Cam will be in the film room starting today, taking a look at San Fran. Neither even have to take a look at anything Pittsburgh related.

They have over two weeks to prepare for a west coast game. 

I guess if they have to play out west, week one or the week after the bye are the best options.

Jeremy, do you think there is a core of players involving Cam and Luke who sit and watch tape together in game prep?

I'm just wondering if those two watch in isolation or if they make it a point to get together and talk about what they see the other teams doing. Seems like it would be really beneficial to do that. 

1 minute ago, SIGCHI222 said:

And Norwell is sitting in a pitch black room by himself, staring into the darkness...preparing in his own special way.

tumblr_mftlsisI5O1rvzu9do1_500.gif

Probably eats puppies and drinks the blood of baby rabbits  while listening to this loop in the background.

5 hours ago, rayzor said:

Jeremy, do you think there is a core of players involving Cam and Luke who sit and watch tape together in game prep?

I'm just wondering if those two watch in isolation or if they make it a point to get together and talk about what they see the other teams doing. Seems like it would be really beneficial to do that. 

Seems coaches would be involved and it would be done in position groups.  Seems pretty odd for a QB and LB to watch tape together, no?

17 minutes ago, csx said:

Seems coaches would be involved and it would be done in position groups.  Seems pretty odd for a QB and LB to watch tape together, no?

They can and I'm sure do watch it on their own. I don't know why it would be off for two very knowledgeable teammates to watch tape together to point out tendencies the other might not notice.

12 minutes ago, rayzor said:

They can and I'm sure do watch it on their own. I don't know why it would be off for two very knowledgeable teammates to watch tape together to point out tendencies the other might not notice.

Maybe.....seems really weird to me.  I figured these things were done within context of offense and defense and even more so within position groups as facilitated by position coaches.

Archived