• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Funchess demoted?

Jeremy Igo

17 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I'm amazed that people already want to replace Funchess with Samuel based on last night. Funchess, who was only targeted twice that I could see, had 2 catches for 21 yards. Samuel, who was targeted about 10 times, had 4 catches for about 15 yards. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Funchess did more with his opportunities than Samuel did and they both played with the same QB. That's not to mention the fact that Funchess has already proven that the can make plays in real games when given  the chance.

Because we've already seen two full seasons of what Funchess can do. Not much apparently.

I'm not going to judge any WR with how bad the QB play has been. But they haven't been using the right WRs for the right situation. Plus if u have noticed, Byrd have been playing every WR position and was playing early. Also havent been running any down the field long plays for him like the Ginn role. Maybe they not trying to show their breed and butter. Funchess just need to get more physical like KB. Same for Byrd who has alot of potential. Some one need to light a fire up their ass and the beast will come out.  

2 minutes ago, XOBlackxJokerOX said:

One play does not make the player brother.

How about the two that he caught then? The first one was a hell of a catch on a high throw and on the other one, he out fought a couple of defenders to gain an extra couple of yards. Please show me what you're complaining about because I must have missed it.

30 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I'm amazed that people already want to replace Funchess with Samuel based on last night. Funchess, who was only targeted twice that I could see, had 2 catches for 21 yards. Samuel, who was targeted about 10 times, had 4 catches for about 15 yards. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Funchess did more with his opportunities than Samuel did and they both played with the same QB. That's not to mention the fact that Funchess has already proven that the can make plays in real games when given  the chance.

Samuel was 4/6 not 10, slight difference.. not sure why you didn't just go look it up... 

and they were clearly focused on getting him some reps and force feeding him. Anderson was terrible so it's tough to judge Byrd, Funchess or Samuel but we've seen Funchess underachieve and have the lowest efficiency in the entire NFL. Samuel played his first game and was getting 2 yard passes. 

This thread is trying way too hard to cut people. 

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Because we've already seen two full seasons of what Funchess can do. Not much apparently.

He has just as much production as Phillip Dorsett, who a lot of you want to trade for, and he has done it on a team that throws less. Either way, he has proven more than Samuel has. And I'm a big Curtis Samuel fan.

Just now, Hogmolliesmaht said:

He has just as much production as Phillip Dorsett, who a lot of you want to trade for, and he has done it on a team that throws less. Either way, he has proven more than Samuel has. And I'm a big Curtis Samuel fan.

I wasn't for trading for Dorsett.

Given the opportunities that Funchess has had about the only thing that he's proven is that future opportunities need to be earned rather than gifted.

1 minute ago, ShutDwn said:

Samuel was 4/6 not 10, slight difference.. not sure why you didn't just go look it up... 

and they were clearly focused on getting him some reps and force feeding him. Anderson was terrible so it's tough to judge Byrd, Funchess or Samuel but we've seen Funchess underachieve and have the lowest efficiency in the entire NFL. Samuel played his first game and was getting 2 yard passes. 

This thread is trying way too hard to cut people. 

And who is the judge of his efficiency and exactly how do they determine what's an easily catchable ball and what is not? Either way, he made the most of his limited opportunities last night and it's ridiculous to fault him for that.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I wasn't for trading for Dorsett.

Given the opportunities that Funchess has had about the only thing that he's proven is that future opportunities need to be earned rather than gifted.

So what other WR on the team has earned more? I'm responding to the people who already want to replace him with Samuel, who also needs to earn his opportunities.

I'm not gonna lie, I like having two 6'5" receivers on the field, but I'm pessimistic his [Funchess'] production will go up with having Samuel, CMC, and even Byrd in the fold. No doubt in my mind though, that he'll come through when we need him. 

Just now, Promethean Forerunner said:

Oh yes because he clearly showed that same fight against Munnerlyn. One play. 

Knocks me for arguing with one play, proceeds to argue with one play...

I honestly can't figure out if you're a troll, delusional, or just enjoy taking tough viewpoints and arguing them just for the sake of argument.

Archived