• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Funchess demoted?

Jeremy Igo

I'm going out on a limb and say Byrd does not make the cut.  Nothing against the kid but he just hasn't stood out when the competition level increased.  He's even getting beaten out on special teams by Clay so his hype train is running out of steam.

All i can say for the wrs group is that it is tragic when your starting qb is out so develope no rapport and the back up plays like some quy that sits in the stands.Even if you do your job and get open qb is not vapable of throwi g a catchable ball nor seeing and choosing you when you do get open...i feel like our qbs do not read who is open but who they like overall to throw to..

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm going out on a limb and say Byrd does not make the cut.  Nothing against the kid but he just hasn't stood out when the competition level increased.  He's even getting beaten out on special teams by Clay so his hype train is running out of steam.

If you cut him though you don't have any speed. We will have no one to take the top off the D. 

Just now, Snake said:

If you cut him though you don't have any speed. We will have no one to take the top off the D. 

They have Curtis Samuel and CMC. Both of them have speed and CMC can run routes as good or better than any WR on the team. They could also keep a guy like Frasier or Clay, who both have speed.

Just now, mrknowitall said:

But don't you want two guys? One to stretch the d and open space underneath (Byrd), and one like Samuel who, if he has some space, can take a short pass and turn it into a touchdown. 

Sure that would be nice but Byrd is not the only guy with speed in the group.  Samuel is pretty darned fast and Clay is looking pretty good also.  I just would not pencil in Byrd as a lock to make the team.  Right now all he has is speed which isn't helping him win his matchups with better competition.  

Archived