• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sound off - Which wide receivers make the 53?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Bronn said:

Gonna go against the grain here...

KB
Shepard
Samuel
Bersin
Byrd

Duke and Clay to the PS

I have just lost my patience with Funch and think the other guys fit more of where we are headed.

To further explain:

KB - Clear #1 no question... big body possession WR needed for throws into traffic or to outleap opponents
Shepard - speedster on the outside to stretch the field

Samuel - pushing for WR2 but offers slot-role-unique routes and backfield work

Bersin - safety net - reliable hands, good routes, special teams contributions, player/coach

Byrd - returner, option for slot work or stretching the field

Duke and Clay - basically Bersin/Byrd role development/insurance

Benji lock , samuel-lock, funchess, bersin hopefully ir, shepherd wr/ sp, byrd -ginn role / sp, clay and duke PS.

People forget about bersin thats why he is able to get open some of the time..he is a good wr was hoping funchess could take that role.  To me we need to all 6 bc some of our wr are injury prone, but if funchess does not do better within the 1st 2 games if bersin is well i say swap them out.

KB, Samuel, Funchess - Locks (3)

My guess for the active roster: Shepard & Clay (2)

PS: Bersin, Byrd, Duke (3)

Byrd won't see playing time if Samuel is ready to go and we may view Clay as an asset on ST.  

Goodbye: Garrett, Ross, & Co.  

4 minutes ago, saX man said:

Byrd won't see playing time if Samuel is ready to go and we may view Clay as an asset on ST.  

Bersin is not PS eligible anymore.  Chose wisely young Padawan.

2 minutes ago, saX man said:

agreed on byrd. samuel makes byrd unnecessary.

i think bersin makes it because the guy is pretty much money on third down conversions. nothing flashy at all, but he's about as reliable a target you can find getting those first downs.

3 minutes ago, saX man said:

I meant that we'll PS him a note after we cut him.  You know nothing you rascal you!

If byrd does not make 53 he will be gone someone will get him..i hope that is not yhe case...I hope they let him play in the first few games in reg. season just  to see if he is good..if not samuels should be good to go by then.. if he is good maybe more 4wrs sets

I'll do you one better and give you my Week 8 WR prediction:

WR1 - Benjamin

WR2 - Samuel

WR3 - Funchess

WR4 - Byrd

WR5 - Shephard

Yes, despite a non-existent sample size from Samuel, I think it's a matter of time before he passes Funchess on the depth chart.

And I may be completely wrong about this, but I'll go on a crazy limb and say Funchess is going to "LaFell" us, meaning he's going to do so much better on another team once he's gone....

Archived