• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney for Morrison's Old Job

CarolinaADR

7 minutes ago, joemac said:

Hurney is in a unique situation. Maybe he has had time to grow and reflect on what lead to his ultimate failure as our GM. How many people get the chance to leave a job, take multiple years off away from the NFL, then step back into the exact same position you were fired from? I can't think of this ever happening before....maybe, hopefully Hurney has learned from his past failures.

Or maybe he's about to sign Greg Olsen to a 6 year 87 million dollar extension.

Off the top of my head, Parcells, Gibbs, Scott Mccloughan, etc....there are plenty that have done this....and many more that were rumored for years like:

Cowher, Gruden, etc...it happens.  The NFL loves it's damn re-treads.

10 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Off the top of my head, Parcells, Gibbs, Scott Mccloughan, etc....there are plenty that have done this....and many more that were rumored for years like:

Cowher, Gruden, etc...it happens.  The NFL loves it's damn re-treads.

All of those seem different to me though. Hurney helped build this current team.

2 hours ago, thebigcat said:

Ron Rivera can't handle a game management of the clock let alone being a GM

Riverboat can handle anything.  Stoic Ron is subpar.  Depends who is coaching a particular game.  

and heck, even Belichick under the gun makes some pretty boneheaded calls if you watch him enough and he is arguably the GOAT

3 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Pssssst... Pop?  After reading any sanjay post, I highly recommend one of these:

maxresdefault.jpg

For your own sanity.

You should pay more attention to football insteading of spewing hate you might actually have valid posts once in awhile 

Too much hate is not good for your health :)

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

Riverboat can handle anything.  Stoic Ron is subpar.  Depends who is coaching a particular game.  

and heck, even Belichick under the gun makes some pretty boneheaded calls if you watch him enough and he is arguably the GOAT

He is still mad about FUPA man , I doubt he will ever give Rivera any credit for success of this team. 

Hurney's here to stay.   And that sucks.   

I've quit waiting for that press release announcing they've hired a consultant to lead the search for his replacement.

I expect a half assed effort sometime deep into the season to satisfy the Rooney Rule but in my heart I know Richardson has already made up his mind.

12 hours ago, joemac said:

How many people get the chance to leave a job, take multiple years off away from the NFL, then step back into the exact same position you were fired from? I can't think of this ever happening before...

He didn't "leave". He got fired. Because he was terrible and ultimately ran this roster into the ground.

How many people get fired, spend several years in completely unrelated work, then somehow end up in that exact same role again? Not damn anybody and for a whole host of really good reasons. Well, not anybody until this whole JR/Marty weirdness went on.

Archived