• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney for Morrison's Old Job

CarolinaADR

19 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Ron Rivera will be expanding his power  could be Belichick situation  

This would literally be the one of the worst decisions in the history of football.  His evaluation skill is his week point. 

I don't like Hurney as a GM. I do like Hurney as a person. I think he would actually be great in Morrison's old role. 

But I said this before Hurney was even hired. Don't sleep on Hurney being a candidate for the GM job and don't sleep on Jerry Richardson making an asinine decision to hire him. 

Won't feel good about this whole situation until the ink is dry on a new GM.

24 minutes ago, Popsickle said:

God I hope not, RR has not shown himself to be a competent coach consistently.  He does not need additional responsibilities. 

Pssssst... Pop?  After reading any sanjay post, I highly recommend one of these:

maxresdefault.jpg

For your own sanity.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

It has been speculated, but nothing concrete points that way. 

We do know that Hurney wants the GM job. That is what he enjoys. 

I don't think he would be quite so happy managing the front office types. 

we also know that anybody that wants the panthers to win and has a brain doesn't want hurney anywhere near the GM job

7 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

we also know that anybody that wants the panthers to win and has a brain doesn't want hurney anywhere near the GM job

But what if I LOVE certain vets on the team, and want them extended no matter what the cap implications, and don't care about the bottom half of the roster, nor understand how to actually scout players into certain schemes?

Can I want Hurney then?

Hurney is in a unique situation. Maybe he has had time to grow and reflect on what lead to his ultimate failure as our GM. How many people get the chance to leave a job, take multiple years off away from the NFL, then step back into the exact same position you were fired from? I can't think of this ever happening before....maybe, hopefully Hurney has learned from his past failures.

Or maybe he's about to sign Greg Olsen to a 6 year 87 million dollar extension.

15 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

But what if I LOVE certain vets on the team, and want them extended no matter what the cap implications, and don't care about the bottom half of the roster, nor understand how to actually scout players into certain schemes?

Can I want Hurney then?

yes

Archived