• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Practice Update - Christian McCaffrey and Alex Armah

Jeremy Igo

49 minutes ago, RJK said:

darell young smh

One of the better blocking FBs in the league. I understand why you wouldn't necessarily want him over a younger Armah, but it's not really shake-your-head worthy.

The only way I might shake my head is if they try to sneak Armah on the practice squad and someone takes him. But it's not like FBs are at a premium. Then again, good ones are hard to come by.

4 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

How so?  Is he taking reps at TE?  Never heard that...

when he was drafted Rivera talked about him potentially filling the Richie Brockel role, which is a hybrid FB/TE but also tons of special teams snaps. basically he'd be an H-back player, meaning he would primarily be in the backfield, but do plenty of in-line blocking (if he makes it) and basic routes in the passing game. plus he's what, 6'2"? so he's got the height to stay in and pass block edge players if needed.

Hoover didn't come into the league as a polished Full Back. He was more or less a big running back... It took him many years to develop as a run blocker and he lost some athleticism in the process. 

Its very difficult to give a young Full Back the reps he needs to become a great full back... Hopefully Armah gets the chances. I do think we will have no problems bringing him back the the practice squad.

Archived