• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Practice Update - Christian McCaffrey and Alex Armah

Jeremy Igo

A quick update on the rookie backs. 

Christian McCaffrey spent more time as a wide out today as Jonathan Stewart was in the back field. It is looking more likely that CMC will be on the field for the vast majority of snaps in one shape or another. 

McCaffrey also was the first up in punt returns and had zero drops. I did not see Damiere Byrd practice punt returns at all. 

carolina panthers_-9.jpg

Despite his solid performance against the Titans, Alex Armah remained behind Darrel Young. Armah did catch a nice ball from Joe Webb but was otherwise quiet throughout practice. 

However, Armah was last on the practice field today, getting in extra reps on the sleds. Thats right, on a very hot day when the rest of the team hurried indoors to cool off, Alex spent time by himself working on his run blocking. 

carolina panthers_-16.jpg

I think putting Armah on psquad is too risky but the way coach runs things young will have to shoot hisself in the foot to lose his spot to a raw player like Armah I just hope Armah beats young out fair and square..

& RunCMC is that's sleeper pick in Fantasy Football can't wait..

33 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I really like Alex and think he will be an asset for the team more sooner than later. If he can make a few special teams plays it will make Rivera's decision much easier in two weeks. 

Ron needs all the help he can get with this decision.

Archived