• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Practice Update - Receivers

Jeremy Igo

13 hours ago, vorbis said:

just chill with the Funchess = Dwayne Jarrett talk. Jarrett had 1 career TD in 30+ career games. Funchess had 5 in his rookie year alone. 

Yeah and we don't even throw the ball as much as most teams anyway. The Funchess hate is getting ridiculous. Let's just see how he does with his opportunities this year and then judge him.

Jericho Cotchery was a big part of our offense in 2015 and he only had 39 catches and 3 TD's, so that 3rd guy is probably just not going to get huge numbers in this offense. And I call Funchess the 3rd guy because we all know Olsen is the true #1 target until proven otherwise.

KB is going to have a good year. Check this out from Mike Clay of ESPN.

Benjamin will benefit from a schedule that is both obscenely easy for him and the rest of the Panthers offense. In fact, Benjamin will face what I've determined is the easiest cornerback schedule for a No. 1 wide receiver. Benjamin disappointed after a strong start last year, but he still ended up as a top-30 fantasy receiver and is now two full years removed from his torn ACL. As a rookie in 2014, Benjamin paced the NFL with 24 end zone targets and was fantasy's No. 17 scorer at the position. He's 6-foot-5 and has big scoring potential and an easy schedule. 

1 hour ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Jericho Cotchery was a big part of our offense in 2015 and he only had 39 catches and 3 TD's, so that 3rd guy is probably just not going to get huge numbers in this offense. And I call Funchess the 3rd guy because we all know Olsen is the true #1 target until proven otherwise.

This year it could be Olsen #1, KB #2, CMC #3. Funchess/Byrd/Samuel could be fighting to be the 4th option on this offense in the passing game.

2 hours ago, trueblade said:

This year it could be Olsen #1, KB #2, CMC #3. Funchess/Byrd/Samuel could be fighting to be the 4th option on this offense in the passing game.

That would be fine by me but I'm not about to count Funchess out yet. Hell, I would be fine with throwing the ball more as long it involves plenty of short passes that get guys like CMC and Samuel in space.

On 8/21/2017 at 6:02 PM, XOBlackxJokerOX said:

Funchess is the new Dwayne Jarrett. You keep hoping and hoping he'll just "get gud" but like Bokeem Woodbine in the movie, Life, he's our Can't Get Right

Dwayne Jarrett played receiver his entire college and pro career. Funchess also had a 100+ yard receiving game, something I'm not sure Dwayne Jarrett ever had. However, you bring up an interesting point...he was a Hurney pick. 

Archived