• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Practice Update - Receivers

Jeremy Igo

Wait.. so last year he had an amazing preseason, and people pooped on Funch saying he's just a TC warrior. This year, he's had a mediocre preseason, and people poop on him for not being the TC warrior they were upset about last year. Damn, the kid can't win with some of you guys.

If anything, if he was TC Warrior last year, then disappeared in the regular season, as some folks put it, wouldn't his aberrant TC make you guys hopeful? Since this would imply he'll ball out in the regular season in a switcheroo or something? Either way, I wish we'd stop pooping on the kid. 

You cannot put as much stock into "starter" With Ron calling the shots, he is very good at playing the conditioning game rotating guys to give them an edge. 

So defensive scheme, if it works best to use muscle or speed to wind the corners, will be a larger factor in who plays first rather who is the better receiver. 

14 hours ago, XOBlackxJokerOX said:

Funchess is the new Dwayne Jarrett. You keep hoping and hoping he'll just "get gud" but like Bokeem Woodbine in the movie, Life, he's our Can't Get Right

You get pie for the Life reference alone. 

Looking back at the 2nd round it that draft it looks underwhelming as a whole. There's a few bright spots but not many that would've filled our needs that we could've drafted in the 2nd. 

I'll reserve my judgement for finches after the first two regular season games...most players need a three year window to show who they are in love fire. Season 1 rookie season 2 the team was bad season 3 show me your true colors young man (in my Eugene voice)

17 hours ago, Cuttinedge said:

I'd say this is Fun Funs last year with us. Sometimes ya just got to know when to let a man go 

Great to hear  Samuels getting back in shape. Hopefully he contributes sooner rather than later. 

He will look great in a Colts jersey

I'm just happy I didn't have to burn my blue KB13 jersey

Serious question since I'm out here in the Pacific NW and all I hear about is Seachickens crap and it's kinda hard to follow what's happening in Panthers TC. Is Funch working with DA and Webb or is Cam back throwing regularly during practices? His rookie year was pretty much what you expect from a rookie, last year was abysmal for our entire offense and completely out of sync, and this year Cam isn't back to full form yet or just barely there. 

I know these guys are pros and supposed to be able to catch a pass from anyone etc. I'm just curious from those getting to watch TC if he's just not performing well or if his game has gotten out of sync. I know it can be hard to find that rhythm again once you get knocked out of it, and I'm wondering if it's possible he's experiencing the same thing. 

Archived