• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Practice Update - Receivers

Jeremy Igo

A few things of note with the receivers today worth mentioning. 

First, Curtis Samuel saw the most action since his only day of Spartanburg training camp practice. Samuel was used in much the same way that Christian McCaffrey is in the receiving game. That should be no surprise. Samuel still wears a sleeve on his leg to help prevent further injury. 

Kelvin Benjamin had a good day of practice and is now far and away the best performing receiver out there. Kelvin really seems to have taken the early year criticisms to heart and is out to prove everyone wrong.

carolina panthers_-10.jpg

Funchess, on the other hand, did not have such a great day. Devin had an opportunity to score a touchdown in the back corner of the end zone but was out played by Daryl Worley. 

The starting receivers were still Benjamin, Funchess, and Shepard. That has not changed at all. Will it change this preseason? I doubt it. It will take poor performances in the regular season for any changes to be made, imo. 

carolina panthers_-11.jpg

the fact that it's going to take an offensive implosion in season to get rivera to change things up just points to how it's time to clean house. or at least take control of the offense away from him. of course that will never happen and it'll stay status quo all the way to another losing season

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

A few things of note with the receivers today worth mentioning. 

First, Curtis Samuel saw the most action since his only day of Spartanburg training camp practice. Samuel was used in much the same way that Christian McCaffrey is in the receiving game. That should be no surprise. Samuel still wears a sleeve on his leg to help prevent further injury. 

Kelvin Benjamin had a good day of practice and is now far and away the best performing receiver out there. Kelvin really seems to have taken the early year criticisms to heart and is out to prove everyone wrong.

carolina panthers_-10.jpg

Funchess, on the other hand, did not have such a great day. Devin had an opportunity to score a touchdown in the back corner of the end zone but was out played by Daryl Worley. 

The starting receivers were still Benjamin, Funchess, and Shepard. That has not changed at all. Will it change this preseason? I doubt it. It will take poor performances in the regular season for any changes to be made, imo. 

carolina panthers_-11.jpg

Benjamin is like "Am I really gonna have to carry this team". The sad truth right now is yes. 

Funchess preseason has been mediocre at best but please refer back to 2015 regular season as a 20yr old he mad some strong catches down the stretch.. let's not overstock preseason.. Cams preseason MVP year was average..

i anticipate Funchess being slept on quite a bit in coverage because of our new weapons and Olsen and KB.. he will definitely get the match ups that will make or break his season..

45 minutes ago, Millioso7 said:

Funchess preseason has been mediocre at best but please refer back to 2015 regular season as a 20yr old he mad some strong catches down the stretch.. let's not overstock preseason.. Cams preseason MVP year was average..

i anticipate Funchess being slept on quite a bit in coverage because of our new weapons and Olsen and KB.. he will definitely get the match ups that will make or break his season..

You get a beer for being positive. We can only hope you are correct.

Archived