• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is SS Mike Adams a concern at this point?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Soul Rebel said:

I breezed over the previous 5 pages so if I repeat others, my apologies.

I never liked the Adams signing when it happened, and feel it is a cheap bandaid on an area that has been far overlooked, sans Kurt Coleman.

Adams, at 36 years old, is somewhere between Harper, Boston or Godfrey. With Coleman, a strong duo w/ Bradberry and Munnerlyn, plus an aggressive and strong front 7, we've never really focused on getting a top-flight SS here.

I really hope someone gets cut and we add another SS because Adams will hurt us as much as he helps us. One or two preseason games do not concern me, my concern was from the jump when we signed an aging SS for cheap. He is what he is, but hoping that he has a Coleman-esque veteran impact after being cast off is false hope, IMO.

I'm not asking for Eric Berry or some All-pro stud, but much the way we've ignored offensive weapons over the years, we need to grab a stud SAF next draft/FA because Coleman is no spring chicken either.  Our defense is too good to not secure the backend sooner rather than later. 

It's frustrating.  But other than sure depth and upside that a cheap Calvin Pryor trade would have been, it's hard to pinpoint one FA or draft pick we should have pulled the trigger on but didn't.

FWIW, next year's FA class looks unlikely too.  Reid, Vaccaro, and Ward are likely to be resigned, have questions, or be out of our price range.  Morgan Burnett may not be resigned but he has the highest cap hit now, and we'd basically be saying bye-bye to Star and Norwell.  No.

Really hoping the Pats cut Jordan Richards and the Vikings cut Jack Tocho.

It's unlikely Derwin James last to 32 next year but Jabril Peppers was thought to be a top 5 pick this time last year too so who knows.

It is a problem though.  Must be solved.

53 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Something I said as well. First thought I loved Adams, but then I got to his technicalities and saw a guy who'll have a lot to learn coming in the NFL.

Damnnn that's disappointing.  I almost lost it when it looked like he might of fell to us . Bottom line we need safety depth though . I'm happy with the run cmc pick, of course. But a lot of those other safeties ranged all over the draft. Would have loved alot of them. Did love the Corn  pick, but he needs to get on the field 

All I know is, Safety and TE should be our first and second round picks next year, whichever order they may fall to. We've neglected both for far too long now (sans Thor of course), relying on late late rounders, UDFAs, or long in the tooth vets to get us through our season. We need some fresh young blood with talent at those spots, for when time catches up.

4 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

I breezed over the previous 5 pages so if I repeat others, my apologies.

I never liked the Adams signing when it happened, and feel it is a cheap bandaid on an area that has been far overlooked, sans Kurt Coleman.

Adams, at 36 years old, is somewhere between Harper, Boston or Godfrey. With Coleman, a strong duo w/ Bradberry and Munnerlyn, plus an aggressive and strong front 7, we've never really focused on getting a top-flight SS here.

I really hope someone gets cut and we add another SS because Adams will hurt us as much as he helps us. One or two preseason games do not concern me, my concern was from the jump when we signed an aging SS for cheap. He is what he is, but hoping that he has a Coleman-esque veteran impact after being cast off is false hope, IMO.

I'm not asking for Eric Berry or some All-pro stud, but much the way we've ignored offensive weapons over the years, we need to grab a stud SAF next draft/FA because Coleman is no spring chicken either.  Our defense is too good to not secure the backend sooner rather than later. 

sup soul, got a question from me. Being meaning to ask would have you gone full herniay and traded an 2018 first and 2017 second for Titans 17th overall pick to draft OJ Howard(plus the Titans 2017 5th too)?? 

Regarding Adams, I mean you can't have an ultimate team, you must pick/choose where a weakness may show. Just happens gettleman did not value DBs the same as Dline. He addressed CBs, surely he wanted Barry church, but the Jags gave him a much better offer than the Panthers, I'm sure. Honestly, im not high on Coleman either, beginning of each season he a missing tackle machine. sure he's smart and puts in film work, but it's still not enough. Areas that need an influx of talent are WRs, SS, FS, and backup TEs. Samuel and marthez could solve some of this need. 

Archived