• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is SS Mike Adams a concern at this point?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, backINblack28 said:

Coleman is the safety we bring up to run stop.  Adams was literally brought in to play center field. Soooo

And expect more of those low diving tackle attempts, dude has no form, and more of him being out of place and giving up big plays. It's not like this was a pre-season rust, he's been this bad since his rookie year

11 minutes ago, brandon_87 said:

And expect more of those low diving tackle attempts, dude has no form, and more of him being out of place and giving up big plays. It's not like this was a pre-season rust, he's been this bad since his rookie year

Yeah, he's so bad he's played 13 seasons and made the Pro Bowl twice. You and your buddy are Adams experts while various NFL teams started a really crappy safety who, according to you, is trash. It must be nice to be smarter than a boat load of people who get paid to evaluate talent. 

8 minutes ago, caatfan said:

Yeah, he's so bad he's played 13 seasons and made the Pro Bowl twice. You and your buddy are Adams experts while various NFL teams started a really crappy safety who, according to you, is trash. It must be nice to be smarter than a boat load of people who get paid to evaluate talent. 

Pro bowl twice, as a injury replacement and a alternate, same as a participation trophy. Also probably had his family voting 2000 time a day each, because if you've ever actually watched him play, it's nothing special, I'd take Boston over him in a heart beat.

Thread started with a clip of his bullshit tackling, and that's his worst quality as a player, nothing to do with me disliking him, but he's played like that his whole career, he isn't going to miraculously get better here, wish we had looked somewhere else for a safety, that's all

2 minutes ago, brandon_87 said:

Pro bowl twice, as a injury replacement and a alternate, same as a participation trophy.

You don't make it twice, even as a replacement, if you're a pussy player and garbage, as you described him. For an UDFA he's had a good career. Personally, I'd save the venom for other teams. 

7 minutes ago, caatfan said:

You don't make it twice, even as a replacement, if you're a pussy player and garbage, as you described him. For an UDFA he's had a good career. Personally, I'd save the venom for other teams. 

And that's a valid point, I see what you're saying. 

From my point of view... when we've had horrible safety tackling (Sherrod Martin) in recent past, how well was our pass defense? If the last line of defense can't make the tackle between him and the end zone, it's just bad for the whole team.  Have you ever seen us sign a player and you know inside they are gonna fug up and cost us points and a few games? And then low and behold... it happens? Just as you knew it would? Yea... that's this guy for me. Not everybody thinks the same, but seeing him in a panthers outfit makes me cringe like crazy.

2 minutes ago, brandon_87 said:

Look.  If our front 7 is relying on Adams to come up and make these plays then we are screwed in so many other ways that this point is completely irrelevant to me.  We never expected Roman Harper to be out there running with speedy WRs.  He was out there to know where he was supposed to be, be a leader and a coach in the secondary, and not be Tre Boston.  I think Adams is more than capable of doing all of the above and I think anyone expecting more of him should look at his age and his price tag and think "this is what you do with a safety position when you have another good safety on the other side, 2 really good young corners, and all pros pretty much everywhere else."  I guess I just don't personally understand a 'why didn't our 36 year old stopgap safety who is pretty much the only healthy one at his position try harder to tackle one of the biggest RBs in the league on one play in one series in one game that mattered zero' is a conversation at all, much less in any way indicative of literally anyone's play during the season.  The only people we should be expecting to show us things are unproven commodities and young players who don't have a solid spot on the roster.  Everyone else has one priority: stay healthy.  If we didn't already know what Peppers brought to the table he hasn't exactly been out there running the preseason show like one of the best HOF DEs we've ever seen.  Year after year it seems like having to argue why people aren't tryharding in the preseason won't have to be a thing and year after year, here we are.

Also to disclaim, in my opinion anyone who says "Tre Boston would have been a better option than <insert any non Haruki Nakamura Safety name here>" is either a clouded UNC fan, in Tre Boston's family, or looked at the last eclipse too closely without glasses on.  So there's my personal bias.

I breezed over the previous 5 pages so if I repeat others, my apologies.

I never liked the Adams signing when it happened, and feel it is a cheap bandaid on an area that has been far overlooked, sans Kurt Coleman.

Adams, at 36 years old, is somewhere between Harper, Boston or Godfrey. With Coleman, a strong duo w/ Bradberry and Munnerlyn, plus an aggressive and strong front 7, we've never really focused on getting a top-flight SS here.

I really hope someone gets cut and we add another SS because Adams will hurt us as much as he helps us. One or two preseason games do not concern me, my concern was from the jump when we signed an aging SS for cheap. He is what he is, but hoping that he has a Coleman-esque veteran impact after being cast off is false hope, IMO.

I'm not asking for Eric Berry or some All-pro stud, but much the way we've ignored offensive weapons over the years, we need to grab a stud SAF next draft/FA because Coleman is no spring chicken either.  Our defense is too good to not secure the backend sooner rather than later. 

Wish we kept Boston atleast as a back up . Really thought we would try and get a safety from the draft. The damn jets got Maye and Jamal Adams.......bucs got Justin Evans..... budda..... Xavier woods..... that Luani kid....jabril....Marcus Williams....josh jones...Eddie Jackson....dez king....and somehow we didn't grab Obi. Happy with moton, but hall.......I know we would have prob has to package picks to move up for some of these guys... but not all of them, and this was a stronngggg safety draft 

Ahh I knew this would get pin pointed smh lol.. Adams seems comparable to a over ripened fruit.. hopefully that's just some veteran rust but we definitely need to pick someone up.. I say we go 3 to 5yr player who is hungry.. perfect defense for a guy who just needs confidence back..

1 hour ago, Easymac27 said:

Wish we kept Boston atleast as a back up . Really thought we would try and get a safety from the draft. The damn jets got Maye and Jamal Adams.......bucs got Justin Evans..... budda..... Xavier woods..... that Luani kid....jabril....Marcus Williams....josh jones...Eddie Jackson....dez king....and somehow we didn't grab Obi. Happy with moton, but hall.......I know we would have prob has to package picks to move up for some of these guys... but not all of them, and this was a stronngggg safety draft 

Jamal Adams sucked out loud the other night by the way.  Yes it's the preseason but for the supposed best player and surest thing in the draft, I'm sure glad they took him and we got CMC.

6 minutes ago, Nails said:

Jamal Adams sucked out loud the other night by the way.  Yes it's the preseason but for the supposed best player and surest thing in the draft, I'm sure glad they took him and we got CMC.

Something I said as well. First thought I loved Adams, but then I got to his technicalities and saw a guy who'll have a lot to learn coming in the NFL.

Archived