• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is SS Mike Adams a concern at this point?

Jeremy Igo

49 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Ironically enough, Pops was graded by PFF as an above average safety in 2016 with an 82.1 grade (ranked 21st).

It could take some time getting acustomed to the new corners he is playing with. Communication on the backend is key so hopefully these errors are just simply communication issues and not mental lapses.

I will say our depth is quite concerning. I'm fairly comfortable with Southward but anyone beyond that really doesn't belong on an active 53 man roster.

As per the depth, yes.  Also, I'll still take that entire year grade on a bad defense over, idk, caring hard about one missed tackle in 2nd preseason game and using that to make conclusions.  Wonder what the same people would be saying had he stiffed Derrick Henry in the backfield on one preseason play in a meaningless game and ended his season.  Hopefully not "We need depth but we also need our veteran safeties to be going all out trying to tackle 240 pound dudes in the backfield in a meaningless scrimmage."

1 hour ago, Adb6368 said:

Pretty sure TD admitted the Walker TD in the corner of the end zone was his fault. He got caught watching when Walker ran into his own man after he bumped him off his route. Adams gets some blame but not all of it. Also, I would expect someone who has spent 10+ years on the same team to have some growing pains with a new organization. I expect some bumps in the road but still expect big things from him this year.

EDIT: Here's the article talking about the play: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article168227802.html

Looks like there was some confusion on the play due to TD pushing Walker off his route. May have been no ones fault.

It was on TD, I saw it but didn't want to get flamed for bringing it up and labeled a TD hater.   But back to bashing Adams, he looked slow and confused at times.

All about the pass rush.

We get a good rush up front without having to blitz the LB's, and he will be OK.  Our corner situation is much different than 12 months ago, and we "should" be able to generate more pressure with the front 4.

Do I want to upgrade?  Yes, and hopefully they may be one out there after the final cuts.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Adams may have had the worst game overall on the starting defensive unity against the Titans. 

The touchdown in the corner of the end zone was on him. 

His tackling in run support was rather Tre Boston'esque. 

giphy.gif

So.... Are you concerned about the SS position, and if so, do you think the Panthers look to upgrade once cuts happen?

When we signed him I mentioned he was a pussy and can't tackle for poo, he will always go low to avoid contact, and everybody on this board flamed me for that, I used to watch this motherfuger play the afternoon games with the 49ers cuz my friend is a 9er fan... he straight up laughed when we signed him. The dude is garbage, watch his "highlights", all he does is play center field and benefits from over throws or tipped passes, he will never be the one to make the play

59 minutes ago, brandon_87 said:

When we signed him I mentioned he was a pussy and can't tackle for poo, he will always go low to avoid contact, and everybody on this board flamed me for that, I used to watch this motherfuger play the afternoon games with the 49ers cuz my friend is a 9er fan... he straight up laughed when we signed him. The dude is garbage, watch his "highlights", all he does is play center field and benefits from over throws or tipped passes, he will never be the one to make the play

Coleman is the safety we bring up to run stop.  Adams was literally brought in to play center field. Soooo

Well to be fair, Henry would be some what equal to Cam physically. Not the same height/weight but in the difficulty to bring down. That's a big man, the whole team basically failed to bring him down minus his first 3-4 carries. 

Added to the fact, I just think we weren't motivated AT ALL. We faced these dudes in practice twice then turned around and played them in what looked to be 95 degree heat. The whole defense looked gassed 4 minutes into the first. 

Archived