• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Snap Counts - Preseason Week 2 - Offense

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Notice Shepard and Benjamin and Funchess all had in the teens. 

They are the locks, like I have been trying to tell some of you knuckleheads. 

Was Byrd's snap count decreased this week? I didn't have the opportunity to watch most of the game but I didn't see much of him from what I did watch.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

There is no way Young gets cut. 

Maybe, but he wouldn't be a lock if I was in charge. Armah just has too much upside to cut him, IMO. He can already do things that Young has never been able to do just because of his physicality. He just needs to learn the game. I just don't see how you can take a chance by putting Armah on the PS where other teams have a shot at him.

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

My theory is that we gave Chris Manhertz a ton of snaps to evaluate him to see if he's worthy of keeping as our 3rd TE OR keeping Alex Armah instead, as our 3TE/FB/H-back.

Thought?

Armah has not had a single practice rep at tight end. 

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

My theory is that we gave Chris Manhertz a ton of snaps to evaluate him to see if he's worthy of keeping as our 3rd TE OR keeping Alex Armah instead, as our 3TE/FB/H-back.

Thought?

I would take Armah in that situation every time.  But who knows what Shula and Ron will do?

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Armah has not had a single practice rep at tight end. 

"What Armah could do, apparently, was everything. He could set the edge as a tight end and blow open holes as a fullback, and he didn’t care if he got the ball or just blocked. “He’s a natural,” Hall said. Last fall, Armah was a first-team All-Gulf South Conference defensive end and a second-team tight end. Donahue was the league’s defensive player of the year."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/18/nfl-draft-west-georgia-podcast

The new more improved Richie Brockel or new #3 TE and backup FB.

More from the same link listed above.

As the season ended and the time came to prepare for a potential pro career, Armah faced a question: Where should he try to play? He figures he’s too small to be a 4–3 defensive end, so his main college position is probably out. But the answer is easy to figure out after asking Armah one question.

Which of the following feels the best?

A) Scoring a touchdown.

B) Sacking the quarterback.

C) Making a huge tackle on defense.

D) Obliterating a linebacker with a lead block.

“If that collision happens in the hole with that ’backer, I love that,” Armah said. “I live for that.”

Archived