• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers offense should look familiar to long time Panthers fans

Jeremy Igo

I have a feeling their will be another similarity...

back then we would sprinkle in rookie Williams and he would break off great runs...but it was largely runnning  Foster over and over with limited success.  

I think it is already pretty apparent CMC is our 2nd best offensive player, second to Cam. I really hope the rush attempts are more equal between him and 28. I think it will a mistake for CMC to largely be the third down RB early on 

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

have they talked about switching to a ZBS at all or did it just start happening under our noses?

i remember when davidson came in that was a big talking point about what we were going to be doing back then.

It looks like they are sprinkling in some outside zone things. Geoff Schwartz said after game 1 he had never known the Panthers to have ever done that before. Looking at yesterday it appears a mix of schemes.....but I assume that is common.

Wow. Jeff Davidson was a long time ago. I somewhat remember him mentioning the zone blocking scheme but I don't recall if we went all in with it or simply added some wrinkles.

I can say I see Davidson in a more positive light because he came after Dan Henning.

2 hours ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Shula was actually a part of Davidson's offense. He was the one who researched all those college zone read offenses to incorporate into our offense in order to used Cam's strengths.

Davidson was gone before Shula got here

7 hours ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Shula was actually a part of Davidson's offense. He was the one who researched all those college zone read offenses to incorporate into our offense in order to used Cam's strengths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Carolina_Panthers_season#Coaching_staff

You officially, can no longer talk about anything I say, ever again.  You really thought Mike Shula was under Jeff Davidson?  Jesus.  

Archived