• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pick one player to cut tonight...

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Devin Funchess. I have been a fan of his and have been optimistic about him. This being his 3rd year in the league he has no excuses anymore for making stupid mistakes that a veteran should not make. Also it seems as if he has a losers mentality. I woul prefer to keep Byrd and Bersin over him at this point. With the hopeful reemergence of KB, Funch is not needed. I hate to say it. Let him go join the Patriots and be all world

I'd like to see us sign a proven Vet WR if there is any out there. I'm uneasy about our wr core. Funchess is unreliable

Graham Gano. He is older, had a bad season and is paid top money at his position. The Panthers just drafted a kicker who is young and seems like he can do the exact same job for a lot less. So we loose experience but gain youth, and salary cap. We do take a risk of him not playing well but that's why we have the preseason and training camp. Let him prove himself and if he past the test in preseason then give Butker the job.

Derek Anderson is strongly making the case. People on this board always act like he could start for half the NFL yet no desperate team has tried to give him a shot to be thier starter. He was supposed to be the best back up in the NFL but played bad enough when starting against the Bucs to cost us the game. I honestly think he is done. His age has caught up to him and it's time to move on.

i remember last year people arguing that the panthers could trade him for a first round draft pick.

DA in his prime was basically an average QB. He was a good backup for us during his time here but I believe it's time to move on. We need to let Webb be our #2 and find a young QB who can be developed into a good backup or a starter. QBs careers end early all the time and it's always good to have a good insurance plan for this. Webb can scramble as well as Newton and can be the short term answer until we get a QB to develop.

17 minutes ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

Yes! I just can't stand Colin Jones he's always out of position and guesses wrong more often then not. He's fast but I'd rather you be right and slow than wrong and fast.

Agree 100%, I poo on Harper a lot but the fact is he was in the right place most of the time but was just too slow.

Jones is the opposite but even with his speed he can't make up for his poor positioning. So if you are going to be poor in pass coverage at lest be good in run coverage, but Jones was worse against the run then he was against the pass today.

Example

A Colin Jones truther could argue that, that was a block in the back but regardless he has the chance to wrap up right there and can't. I mean at least Teddy Williams can make plays against the run.

I'd love to only carry 2 QBs, but with this coaching staff it's hard to tell if they'll make the right decisions when it comes to putting together the absolute best 53 man roster. I see no upside DA brings. He has gone downhill since last year. At this point Webb is either at the same level or above plus is more mobile.

Archived