• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should Panthers Pass Defense Really Be Blamed Against The Titans?

Saca312

4 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Explanation makes sense. Didn't make sense why we kept playing base against this Titans offense the whole time unless Wilks wants to review something and see how it happens.

Feel the same but guess the evaluation is the whole thing.  

We ran the same thing in both scrimmages this week as well, and got worse and worse the next time we faced them.  They adjusted little by little and then today making their #4, 5, and 6 WRs looks real good vs our starters.

6 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Base defense or not, an inconsistent pass rush, and our secondary getting burnt like toast is not something a seasoned Panthers fan wants to see after also witnessing backup QB's carve us up in the regular season over the years.

Not a great game for Adams at all. 

A bit of a concern. 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Not a great game for Adams at all. 

A bit of a concern. 

Eh I expected him to be an upgrade over Roman Harper, but not by much. He knows where to be and how to be, but generally lacks the speed to get there at times.

Secondary depth is a concern, but we all knew that heading into the draft. The fact they didn't address the safety position in the draft or free agency, outside of Adams, has been a bit mind blowing. Hurney better be one the phones looking for help. Makes you miss Tre Boston, doesn't it?

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Looked to me like last week they wanted a look at the blitz packages and this week they wanted to see how the secondary would hold up under a 4 man rush. 

The objective in these games is not to win. The objective is to set the game up to gather information you need to make roster decisions. 

The whole game also was derailed on the funchess fumble. 

The only thing that worries me about this game is the fact that our offense put our defense in a bad situation with a turnover and three and outs. This older defense needs sustained drives by the offense. 

I can envision this team having games where the defense plays great but the offense or special teams puts the defense behind the eight ball. That worries me more than anything else with this team. 

Archived