• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we be excited about CMC now?

Jeremy Igo

9 hours ago, panthers55 said:

I am super excited. But one caution. CMC is going to force teams to gameplan for him like put a spy on him when he is in the backfield and shift the safety coverage to him when he splits out. He will be used quite a bit as a decoy as well to give other players favorable matchups as well. So as the season progresses I expect his numbers may actually decline while other players increase as a result. It will be good for the team but anger those who mistakenly think all we need to do is give him the ball on every play.

I agree about the spy and I think it's inevitable. The good thing about this is teams already have to do this for cam to account for the run threat. Can defenses afford to utilize 2 spies? They're going to have to pick their poison.

16 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I agree about the spy and I think it's inevitable. The good thing about this is teams already have to do this for cam to account for the run threat. Can defenses afford to utilize 2 spies? They're going to have to pick their poison.

I think another team would spy CMC over Cam, the team has stated publicly that they don't want Cam to be running as much.  And I don't want Cam to be running as much either, as I think the majority of other people feel the same way. 

Cam needs to develop more as a passer, he needs be more of a threat with his arm, than his legs. As great as his ability to run is, he (in my opinion) needs to model himself more after Steve Young.  Otherwise, he is one hit away from being on the sidelines, and being a Wikipedia

footnote than a franchise quarterback. 

And back on topic, Cam and the team needs to rely on players like CMC, Samuel (if ever healthy, and good...), and Olsen to open up the air and ground attack. 

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

Not really unless Cam runs a lot more than I think he will. I expect the scrambles and the broken play runs but given his shoulder issues, one big hit on that shoulder could cause problems again. Isn't that what caused the injury to begin with? Doubt we want to do anything which could cause a setback.

On 8/19/2017 at 4:24 PM, rayzor said:

If we were the only ones making comparisons to legendary players or were the ones starting them.....then we might be guilty of outlandish and maybe embarrassing homerism, but that just isn't the case.

This was started nationally well before we drafted him, many times by legendary players themselves.

There is nothing that he has done to make any of the most optimistic projections about him seem unrealistic. He has absolutely been good so far as advertised.

Hah, it was started by me the day he declared.

I haven't been as excited about a Panthers player.....well.....ever... I wanted us to draft him over Fournette, stricktly because I am a Mccaffery fan and want him wearing my teams colors. Him or another "Hogmollie"....give me Deuce Deuce! 

While I'm watching the first two preaseason games and the highlights in practice, I think more and more, they just need to "give him the damn ball" (Shout out to our former WR that I remember being pretty darn excited about too) on EVERY DOWN! lol I know, I know, but I have seen those other guys and what they can do and its not THAT exciting!

I saw him wide open in the middle of the field and the pass goes downfield, last game and I'm thinking, why not dump it to him in that situation and let him make another highlight.  That is the ONE spot that he is at the advantage. Running with the ball after the catch is a possible TD on every play. Then I realize, uhhhh its preseason game two...they don't want to show everything yet.  I know its just preseason, but I love how Shula is taking it very slow with showing his hand with him.  First game, only runs and mostly inside the tackles.  Game two runs inside the tackles, screen passes, runs outside....game three???

I just know that when we need a score we might see deuce deuce back there like we used to see 8-9 back there occasionally in the past...deep past when I think about how fast these years have flown past...God it feels like yesterday when we were getting info about our team everytime ESPN and other sports shows came on (2015)....now.....back to how it will be...except maybe when they show a Mccaffery highlight!

Yea, I am pretty darn excited about him!!!! BUT I am biased....i am a Mccaffery fan (how can you NOT be a Mccaffery fan???? He shuts up and plays football!!!!! and instead of coming to camp overweight or out of shape, he shows up looking like a damn MAN!!!!) and a Panther fan from the day it was announced...I left the Cowboys so fast, your head would spin...NOW I can't stand the BOYS...

The heart of a sport fan is a crazy thing. You can't make yourself pull for a team or player and you can't stop it from pulling for one.... AND thank God my heart is with me all the way on both deuce deuce and the team that plays in Charlotte and represent the Carolinas..

Oh and I used to just come to catch up on rumors and read the opinions, didn't really post, but I saw today I see old Jimmy Clausen ad pop up and I said OK...DAMN YOU GUYS! That was a cheap shot!  BUT it worked.... You got me.....so good one whoever's idea on the "Jimmy" ad...

Curt

Archived