• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Network: We may not see Cam this preseason

Jeremy Igo

16 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

I'm still pissed this coaching staff and FO let Cam play hurt at the end of last season in meaningless games.

I'm still pissed Cam convinced the coaching staff and front office to let him play. 

Remember the two most important facts of cam in this situation, he will do anything to play, and will not take pain killers. You damn well sure knew Ron didn't want him to play. 

But it's water under the bridge at this point. He needs to get his injury right, and I'm pretty sure the coaching staff is going to make sure of that now. 

Anywho let's all hope he's ready for week 1. I have a sneaking suspicion they will play him next week with most starters for a series up to a quarter if he is feeing good to gauge his readiness. 

Just now, Cary Kollins said:

Cam injured his shoulder trying to tackle a player after throwing an interception.

I should have been more specific. I was not just referring to last season. Newton has been compensating for inadequacies along the OL pretty much since we drafted him. It begun to really show after Gross left. There aren't many QB's in the history of the league that would have made it as far as Newton has when taking into account what has been asked of him in relation to his responsibility and contributions within our offense considering we've had guys like Byron Bell and Nate Chandler holding down the left tackle position.

59 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Lordy I hope so

Well we are playing the 49ers, the team that lead the league in points allowed per game last year.  While its possible they have improved, chances are its a good game for Cam to get his first action this year.  But my guess is we see a heavy dose of the run game, as they were terrible at run defense last year and we would likely want to work cam and the passing game in slowly.  

RR said Cam Newton “is on track” and “we’re pleased where he’s at.”

0 replies11 retweets32 likes

Retweet

Rivera says they will increase Cam's throws this week ahead of third preseason game at Jacksonville.

Direct message

41 minutes ago, dpanther69 said:

Retweet

Rivera says they will increase Cam's throws this week ahead of third preseason game at Jacksonville.

Direct message

that's just pc coaches speak. We wont know until it gets closer to thursday

6 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Pregame before the game today the NFL Network reporter said the team told her that we may not see Cam at all this preseason and it isn't that important. 

Notice how the bar gets lowered a little each day?

The "isn't that important" part of the quote is what stands out most to me because it sounds like spin. In some ways I agree, Cam is an MVP level QB and has been in Shula's offense for years, but with the focus on change and the fact that he's looked rusty in camp, I would like to see him play some in the preseason just to work out the kinks.

7 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

Ugh I have this bad feeling this is gonna be an issue all season.

I said before he had the surgery that he would miss time and likely a few regular season games at the least. I have seen dozens of guys go through that surgery and it has taken all of them damn near a year to be 100%.  

2 hours ago, dpanther69 said:

Retweet

Direct message

Nothing has changed from what I'm hearing. They are going to test his arm this week. If he doesn't have any tightness expect him back week one. If they dial him back expect week two return. 

Archived