• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey there - Introduce Yourself

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, bythenbrs said:

Long time Huddler but haven't posted in quite a few years.   Even remember a couple of draft parties downtown but I'm sure they have been moved to more upscale locations in the intervening years.

A couple of names I remember from way, way back include NanceUSMC, Mr. Scott, Kurb, Cyberjag and Jeremy's alter ego, Zod but I am embarrassed that I have forgotten more of the old, original crowd than I still remember.

We used to have rep and neg rep but now we have pie and beer?  I'll take pie, please.

My thanks to Le Proprietaire for providing such a great service to the Panther faithful.  Jeremy, to you, sir (raises glass).

BytheNbrs

In case you get pie on your pants, I gave you shorts

Panther fan checking in from Houston.  Being a long distance fan, the huddle has become one of my main outlets for sports discussions. Though I have never met anyone, I feel like I know a bunch of you.

I moved to Houston for work. I currently do neuropsych evals for the NFL concussion settlement. Probably meet with 5 or 6 former players a week. What kills me is that I have tons of crazy stories that I can never tell due to confidentiality.  Stupid legal and ethical obligations..... 

One day I would love to work for the Panthers. I would love to advance cognitive testing for rookies beyond the stupid wonderlic test. Having an objective measure for learning, cognitive flexibility, processing speed and memory would probably aid in the draft process. Just my 2 cents. 

8 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins PhD said:

Panther fan checking in from Houston.  Being a long distance fan, the huddle has become one of my main outlets for sports discussions. Though I have never met anyone, I feel like I know a bunch of you.

I moved to Houston for work. I currently do neuropsych evals for the NFL concussion settlement. Probably meet with 5 or 6 former players a week. What kills me is that I have tons of crazy stories that I can never tell due to confidentiality.  Stupid legal and ethical obligations..... 

One day I would love to work for the Panthers. I would love to advance cognitive testing for rookies beyond the stupid wonderlic test. Having an objective measure for learning, cognitive flexibility, processing speed and memory would probably aid in the draft process. Just my 2 cents. 

#1...I have always wanted to know...is your real name Leeroy?  If so, you must have southern parents, yes?

B...Is there any validity to Luke's jugular choker?  Seems like a plausible technique if you asked me.

#2...I want to become a PA at age 50.  Any suggestions?

@Esch30 Philly is an amazing city, one of my favorites to visit. Welcome to the board man

@g_d0t Getting into a new sport is so much fun, welcome to the huddle. You picked a really fun team to follow.

@BAMFpanther Welcome to posting, I hope you keep it up, the word Gastonia sounds like it should be an eastern european country.

@MannaYou're lucky to have seen that game. The only really memorable play I witnessed live was that one 70+ yard touchdown by Smith against the Texans where it looked like he was tackled and then rolled off about 5 guys to break loose. Welcome around, your dog is precious.

@karolynlittlejohn Hi Katt your enthusiasm is fun, welcome to the huddle!!!!!!!!!

@Bmannc Welcome, it must be nice to actually be from Panthers ground zero, I only get to attend games these days when we're beating up the Titans in Nashville. Hope you stick around through the season, the gameday threads are especially fun. Helps commercials go faster.

@Brokubroku Welcome to posting, you should keep at it, you clearly have a lot to say from that roster of favorite posters, lmao. Welcome around.

@DoTheKnow Hey, welcome to the huddle. It's gonna be a fun season.

@USDepartmentOfSavageryWelcome, if you need any more creative ways to watch on gamedays when you're not around, feel free to PM me. Non-NC people have to stick together on that stuff.

@jimfear Ken Lucas was pretty good! I mean he wasn't the best CB of all time but he was a pretty damn good partnership across from Gamble for a few years! Welcome, hope you post more.

@ForJimmy That's very noble of you, you're a good boy and so is Jimmy. Welcome, man.

@layinlow781 Awesome glad you're posting, that's a long time to be here. It's crazy to think that we've been posting on this board about the Panthers since Cam Newton was 14-15 years old.

@drnll4 Hey man welcome, awesome that you ended up supporting the Panthers in LA. It's gonna be a good season, you'll have plenty to rub in the local fans faces.

@bythenbrs Welcome back, it's fun seeing old people come back because everyone is gearing up for a magical season. The pie and beer are good but don't ever give me cargo shorts, I refuse them.

@Mistuh Jones Post more, man. Gonna have a lot of good stuff to talk about this year.

@racingkid39 It's definitely a good place to stay up to date, stuff is posted here faster than the news sites usually. Some of these people are twitter savants, I don't know how it's done. Welcome to the huddle, my man.

@XOBlackxJokerOX Nice, that's the year I got into football too. It's funny because we could technically be considered bandwagoners back then since we became fans during the Super Bowl run, but 14 years later here we are lol. It's like they say about bonsai trees, for the first year or two it's just a plant. But once you nurture it long enough it's your bonsai. Welcome to the board!

@Alex Wall Welcome! Damn, Australia, that's awesome. I think we have another one or two from there on the huddle. Team colors is as good a reason as any, we did win the best uniform in NFL history poll, fair and square with no cheating involved. It really is a lifesaver when you don't have any local fans of the team around you, especially yelling about poo in the gameday threads.

@OceanPanther Wilmington is a damn fine city. Welcome out of lurking hibernation, it's gonna be a crazy football season.

10 minutes ago, rodeo said:

@Brokubroku Welcome to posting, you should keep at it, you clearly have a lot to say from that roster of favorite posters, lmao. Welcome around.

Ah.  Rodeo.  

Nice that you took some time out of the tinderbox to say hello.  

Funny response.  Almost like you've got me pegged.  Lmao. 

The chamelon thing was pretty cool but not so endearing.  

I would post more but all I'd post about is how awesome the panthers are gonna be and how they're gonna own everybody any week.  That's not such great material, right? 

My names Darry as you can see I'm 21 I'm a college student I am currently majoring in civil engineering technology but I'm thinking about changing my major to architecture  not really sure right now but for the path   That I'm going down I really wouldn't have to change  TOO much (class wise).  I identify as both  Gemini and A cancer   Because of when my birthday is .  I recently started working at Papa John's in February. Yes I am pretty antisocial but that's because people pretty much suck .  I am very curious  about everything there's never ever a time that I'm not looking something up I always want to figure out how things work I always want to know more information it's almost compulsive . I am a  Carolina girl through and through  although because my dad was in the military we were stationed in Indiana for a couple years. I was born in Monroe North Carolina but I grew up in  Wadesboro North Carolina that's when my dad got stationed in Indiana spent a couple years up there then We moved back to The Carolinas  and that's how I got here.   I never really got into sports I mean I had potential but I've just always been pretty lazy and laid-back I'm not a very competitive person that's just not my nature but over the years I have started to give sports more of a chance trying to understand them gives you a greater appreciation for  football and for things in general.   Football has also given me and my dad something to talk about when we weren't on the best terms we could talk about it for hours and so I always hold that close to my heart a lot of stuff is going on with football and it's getting more more political and understandably so  I feel a bit conflicted because there's certain images of the NFL puts out there that I don't necessarily agree with Morally and you know legally... but that is neither here nor there that is a different topic for a different time. I like things certain ways I'm not too too picky but it would be a lie if I told you I'm not.  I have ADD or what you call ADHD  and I will admit that I have some kind of autistic tendencies but I don't dwell on it and it's barely noticeable unless you pay attention to me every single day .  I'm pretty open for discussion I'm pretty empathetic and I try to understand all sides I try to pump the brakes when it comes to emotions and try to really think about it because once you say something you can't take it back . I know this introduction was more About  my personality than my  history but your personality is shaped by your history and I feel as though the details in your history aren't necessarily important when discussing poo with strangers 

#longasspost #it5oclockintheAM   Are used talk to text so.  Ignore. The typos. You. No. What. I. Mean.

Hello Huddle,

I'm Tom an English bloke working in Korea married to a girl from SC. Started following American football in the mid-eighties; Walter Payton, William Perry, Mike Singletary, Steve McMahon. That was a team. Too bad watching the Patriots lose superbowls by 40 points wasn't a blueprint for the future. I hadn't watched for a few years but I started following Panthers during their first SB season. Then when I came to Spartanburg in 2015 to meet the family turned out they did quite well that year.

For the record I don't understand 90% of the technical stuff, but I'm learning plenty from you lot. I feel like this doesn't really impact on my ability to hold a conversation about the Panthers since to be honest I can't really decipher the Appalachian dialects of her family. Add beer to that equation and all bets are off.

Thanks for tolerating me naivety. Have a pleasant day

My name is Corey, I'm 30 and live in Chesnee, South Carolina not far from the border of North Carolina. I've been a Panther fan since like a couple of years before our first Superbowl appearance.I will admit that I do have a second team that I enjoy, The Minnesota Vikings, but no where near as much as the Panthers. Anytime they play each other, screw the Vikings. I've been a member of this board for a long time mostly as a lurker originally, using a different screen name, I eventually started participating in the boards on that name until I lost it's info. I eventually settled on this account of which I hope to stay. Anyhow glad to meet any of the new people on the board and the only thing else I can think of to say is Keep Pounding!

Archived