• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

L-M-A-O ... Today's CMC ankle breakings...

Jeremy Igo

10 hours ago, KSpan said:

he did his job by getting McC turned back inside after the catch

No, CMC set him up.  It's the exact same thing McCaffrey did to Luke.  And if you go back and watch him in college, he did it fairly regularly.  It's just part of his repertoire. 

His first move is almost always to set you up for what he wants to do.  In this case, he cuts sharp inside to force the defender to commit, then quickly breaks it outside for a big gain.  But if the defender doesn't bite, he doesn't make the cut outside and keeps it inside and still gets good yardage.  He changes direction so quickly that the defender cannot react quick enough to adjust.  And since this is the kind of play that is typically made in space, it is damn near impossible to defend.     

11 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

that's actually a true statement. There's alot more bodies around him in a real game its not going to be super often he's isolated one on one with a LB with no help around anywhere. 

That depends on formations, his position and how much separation our Wide receivers get, so in other words your right.

15 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

okay okay you guys have made your point. Lets just see what happens in the reg season

I already know what is going to happen. He has done this at every level. For him the NFL is just the next level. I would think if you aren't a butt hurt fournette fan you would be excited too. 

Some people on this board  get really easily defensive and on edge anytime someone offers a negative opinion on a star player .  Its just another opinion, everything is some level of opinion until the games actually happen. There's no guarantee that anythings going to happen. 

17 hours ago, KSpan said:

Woodyard is the guy who got clowned yesterday as well, and he did his job by getting McC turned back inside after the catch. No discredit to McC and his shakes though... seems nigh impossible to cover this guy and completely prevent the reception.

No, you will not use any other variation of Christian McCaffreys 'CMC' abbreviation.  :P

8 hours ago, Woodie said:

No, CMC set him up.  It's the exact same thing McCaffrey did to Luke.  And if you go back and watch him in college, he did it fairly regularly.  It's just part of his repertoire. 

His first move is almost always to set you up for what he wants to do.  In this case, he cuts sharp inside to force the defender to commit, then quickly breaks it outside for a big gain.  But if the defender doesn't bite, he doesn't make the cut outside and keeps it inside and still gets good yardage.  He changes direction so quickly that the defender cannot react quick enough to adjust.  And since this is the kind of play that is typically made in space, it is damn near impossible to defend.     

I didn't say that he still wouldn't have been beaten, but in a real game the pursuit help would be coming from inside and would have a better angle and momentum in the right direction. By not immediately giving up the outside he delayed the turn-up by a critical half second or so that *could be the difference between the pursuit getting there and only giving up a few more yards instead of an easy TD.

I'm a huge CMC fan and it's going to be very interesting watching these scenarios play out during games. In 1-on-1situations it's not always about that first defender stopping guys with shakes like McCaffrey because it's flat out impossible to do so all the time. Darren Sproles is my age and from my town and I grew up playing football against him every year since we were 12... I understand exactly how this LB feels because more than once I myself was that LB.

3 hours ago, KSpan said:

I didn't say that he still wouldn't have been beaten, but in a real game the pursuit help would be coming from inside and would have a better angle and momentum in the right direction. By not immediately giving up the outside he delayed the turn-up by a critical half second or so that *could be the difference between the pursuit getting there and only giving up a few more yards instead of an easy TD.

I'm a huge CMC fan and it's going to be very interesting watching these scenarios play out during games. In 1-on-1situations it's not always about that first defender stopping guys with shakes like McCaffrey because it's flat out impossible to do so all the time. Darren Sproles is my age and from my town and I grew up playing football against him every year since we were 12... I understand exactly how this LB feels because more than once I myself was that LB.

My point is that the defender didn't force him anywhere.  CMC set him up.  He intended to take it outside, but had to get the defender to commit to the inside before cutting it out.  Go back to college, McCaffrey did this time and time again to defenders.  With his quickness, it's really a no-win situation for the defender.  And if the defense gives help, it's still a win because it opens things up for other guys.

23 minutes ago, Woodie said:

My point is that the defender didn't force him anywhere.  CMC set him up.  He intended to take it outside, but had to get the defender to commit to the inside before cutting it out.  Go back to college, McCaffrey did this time and time again to defenders.  With his quickness, it's really a no-win situation for the defender.  And if the defense gives help, it's still a win because it opens things up for other guys.

We're on the same page - my point is that even requiring the setup is taking extra time that the pursuit can use to get there. McCaffrey is going to get his yards and make some folks look like clowns in the process, no disagreement there at all; from the defense's POV if the catch is made it's all about limiting how easy it is for him to shake that first defender and get free. CMC is deadly if he can one-cut and go.

Archived