• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

L-M-A-O ... Today's CMC ankle breakings...

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've yet to hear anyone mention Dante Hall as a comparison, but watching that clip reminded me of some of his highlights.

No.... Stop it now.... You guys are delusional Dante Hall ran a 4.29 40 breh... Line backers are running down CMC 

14 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:

No.... Stop it now.... You guys are delusional Dante Hall ran a 4.29 40 breh... Line backers are running down CMC 

He generated less than 2000 yards of offense in his entire career. He was essentially a pure special teamer.

Yes, Hall is faster in a straight line but when people are making this comparison I'm assuming theyre talking about agility, change of direction, and ability to make people miss.

I hope CMC eclipses Hall's career offensive production within two seasons.

Oh, and Dante Hall definitely did not run a 4.29 at the Combine. He ran in the 4.4s.

37 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:

Lmao. You understand you're spouting nonsense, right? You can keep it up, but I've got plenty of film to disprove many of your idiotic statements.

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He generated less than 2000 yards of offense in his entire career. He was essentially a pure special teamer.

Yes, Hall is faster in a straight line but when people are making this comparison I'm assuming theyre talking about agility, change of direction, and ability to make people miss.

I hope CMC eclipses Hall's career offensive production within two seasons.

Oh, and Dante Hall definitely did not run a 4.29 at the Combine. He ran in the 4.4s.

Correct.

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not gonna lie, I wouldve still taken Fournette, but I do love the match up problems CMC gives defenses. That wouldn't have necessarily been the case with Fournetts

Plus, evidently Fournette is already banged up. Injury issues are definitely a concern there given his history.

Talk to me in October....

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I fully expect CMC to be better. Hell, Barry Sanders would struggle in that Jags' offense with Bortles at QB.

Who broke Barry Sanders NCAA record for all purpose yards that stood for 30 years? Yeah the same guy who would look good with any quarterback and it wasn't Fournette.

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Who broke Barry Sanders NCAA record for all purpose yards that stood for 30 years? Yeah the same guy who would look good with any quarterback and it wasn't Fournette.

I'm really excited about CMC too, but he'd look like poo in Jacksonville this coming season along with virtually every other RB who's ever played.

10 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

that's actually a true statement. There's alot more bodies around him in a real game its not going to be super often he's isolated one on one with a LB with no help around anywhere. 

Not in the flat or on the outside...which is where we'll see this most often.  Heck, our own Steve Smith won the triple crown doing the exact same thing.  Typically, it's 1 on 1, until the defense is forced to bring help, but with all the weapons we now have, that would just free up other guys to make plays.  

But what this really shows is how difficult it will be for defenders to cover CMC in space.  That was the point Stewart was making with his "nobody in the league will be able to cover him 1 on 1" comment.  It's also why pretty much everyone pre-draft was saying McCaffrey was a matchup nightmare for defenses.   

4 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Not in the flat or on the outside...which is where we'll see this most often.  Heck, our own Steve Smith won the triple crown doing the exact same thing.  Typically, it's 1 on 1, until the defense is forced to bring help, but with all the weapons we now have, that would just free up other guys to make plays.  

But what this really shows is how difficult it will be for defenders to cover CMC in space.  That was the point Stewart was making with his "nobody in the league will be able to cover him 1 on 1" comment.  It's also why pretty much everyone pre-draft was saying McCaffrey was a matchup nightmare for defenses.   

we'll see man.. I'd love to see him do this stuff when all the chips are down during the regular season, but until then i'll keep my hype somewhat tempered. 

Archived