• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Curtis Samuel Update - Practicing 2 days straight...

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Hallin'AllDaeDae said:

I'm as worried about Samuel's lack of practice as I am in Cam's - none

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMtIUnBIFJ4

Samuel needs to know just two things about our offense - 1. get ball 2. run

Cam Newton is a seasoned vet entering his 7th NFL season and he's a former NFL MVP. Curtis Samuel is a rookie who was a jack of all trades type player in college who is trying to learn how to be an NFL WR. The two situations couldn't possibly be more different.

People worried about Samuel's lack of practice have good right to worry, after all we spent a 2nd round draft pick on him.  I would say, however, that his delayed insertion into our offense shouldn't wet your brow too much.  We still have a hungry KB, a budding talent in Funch, moxy in Shepard, and electric CMC.  That's not to mention the foundational pieces in Olsen, Stew, and Mr. Universe himself Cam Newton.

Fans tend to overreact.  Find solace in this unfugingbelievable front 7.  And crack a few beers enjoying the offense figure itself out.

I'm ddefinitely not worried but I'm also expecting him to come along slower this season than he maybe otherwise would have. Hell, I was honestly stsrting to wonder if he'd even get a jersey Week 1 even if he was healthy, but if hes good to go and can fully participate going forward I definitely think that we can have him ready to participate Week 1. Probably not full go, but we can have some play packages ready for him.

4 minutes ago, the butch said:

Fans tend to overreact.  Find solace in this unfugingbelievable front 7.  And crack a few beers enjoying the offense figure itself out.

Not saying you're necessarily wrong, but a lot of people were saying this to placate themselves of their concerns about our secondary last year. Then that first ATL game happened and it was a BIG dose of reality.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Apparently I can count on you for snarky meaningless comments that everyone disregards automatically. 

Cheers! 

you have the power to stop that and I'm sure you would get pie and beer galore.

3 hours ago, Hallin'AllDaeDae said:

I'm as worried about Samuel's lack of practice as I am in Cam's - none

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMtIUnBIFJ4

Samuel needs to know just two things about our offense - 1. get ball 2. run

Cam's a vet but with all the new faces and it specifically being his throwing shoulder I'm not exactly comfortable with him sitting out camp. Especially when we need him to improve on the short passes. 

I understand those who are concerned about chemistry and timing and polishedness

byt dint act like we cant get creative and get the ball to him in space somehow. Hes not expected to be antonio brown right away, but he can be a percy harvin

get thst dude the ball on a screen, end around, or bomb that poo to him

Archived