• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeeeebus

Jeremy Igo

29 minutes ago, caatfan said:

I remember somebody on the team saying nobody in the league could cover CMC one on one. That looked like proof to me.  

I bet that safety is glad they only play us in preseason. 

That was Stewarts press conference from last week or week before 

7 hours ago, thefuzz said:

If you try to jam him and miss, you are in for a bad play.

We have not had anyone that could get open that quickly in a long time.  Hope he and Cam can consistently make the timing/throws work on plays like that.

"We have not had anyone that could get open that quickly in a long time."

When have we ever?

I was never really on the "CMAC" train before, during, or after the draft.....as a running back. BUT him as a slot receiver is damn near GOAT status. The man has amazing feet and would murder in the slot.

Panthers would be very smart in making him a full time slot receiver and mix him into the running game for certain "off guard" plays. If they don't do it this year, then do so next year after drafting a well balanced back, and the offense would be extremely balanced......with a good OC of course.

21 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Really you guys forget Steve Smith in his prime?

Would never forget about bottom line 89. Steve smith was fast, strong and decisive.   Exceptional jumping ability.  Good acceleration.  A vicious stiff arm and the ability to catch in traffic.  Plus very hard to take down.  Also we are talking about different positions as Steve Smith was going against cornerbacks who are better in coverage. 

That being said, CMC is leaving people standing still.  We haven't had anyone who consistently is getting 5-7 yards separation off the line that fast.  Good coverage linebackers are looking helpless.  Normal lb's are not even close.  Even some safeties are helpless.  We have had no one like that before. 

8 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Really you guys forget Steve Smith in his prime?

Read my post again.  A really long time...for Steve's prime was 04-07...a lifetime in the NFL.  Steve had a bit of a resurgence with Cam signing here, but his prime has been a while ago.

4 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Read my post again.  A really long time...for Steve's prime was 04-07...a lifetime in the NFL.  Steve had a bit of a resurgence with Cam signing here, but his prime has been a while ago.

Read my post again.  I'm not saying Steve wasn't quick , fast , etc... I am not talking about ICE UP SON Steve Smith.  I'm talking about bailing Jake Delhomme out 2005 triple crown Steve Smith.  Also note I spoke that CMAC is going against lb's and safeties and not cornerbacks like Steve.  It's not the same, and Steve Smith doesn't move like CMC it's different. Not less effective, Steve used to slow play a lot of DB's then accelerate.  SS speed was probably better over all in his prime (not sure tbh).  But the multiple change of directions plus acceleration with the ability to catch? We have never had someone like that. 

Probably the shiftiest quickest backs we have had are maybe Deshaun "Mr Glass" Foster, Fred Lane (somewhat) and Deangelo "when he cared" Williams.  Not even a comparison there.   Quickest WR's?  There was he who shall not be named may he rot in prison forever , training camp Goat of all times Armanti Edwards and of course Steve Smith.  That's the list.  

Haven't played a real game yet, plus only seeing video clips right now.  We all have seen people use a quick move to get open.  It's the consistently in which he does it.  In my memory don't see anyone like that for the Panthers. 

1 hour ago, Udogg said:

Read my post again.  I'm not saying Steve wasn't quick , fast , etc... I am not talking about ICE UP SON Steve Smith.  I'm talking about bailing Jake Delhomme out 2005 triple crown Steve Smith.  Also note I spoke that CMAC is going against lb's and safeties and not cornerbacks like Steve.  It's not the same, and Steve Smith doesn't move like CMC it's different. Not less effective, Steve used to slow play a lot of DB's then accelerate.  SS speed was probably better over all in his prime (not sure tbh).  But the multiple change of directions plus acceleration with the ability to catch? We have never had someone like that. 

Probably the shiftiest quickest backs we have had are maybe Deshaun "Mr Glass" Foster, Fred Lane (somewhat) and Deangelo "when he cared" Williams.  Not even a comparison there.   Quickest WR's?  There was he who shall not be named may he rot in prison forever , training camp Goat of all times Armanti Edwards and of course Steve Smith.  That's the list.  

Haven't played a real game yet, plus only seeing video clips right now.  We all have seen people use a quick move to get open.  It's the consistently in which he does it.  In my memory don't see anyone like that for the Panthers. 

I wasn't responding to you...I was responding to Daddy Uncle.

And we agree, to an extent.  Smith could absolutely get open regularly in his prime, but in different ways than what CMC will.

The most explosive (consistent) offensive player we have ever had is Smith...IMO.  CMC may well prove to be another in a very short list.

Archived