• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN stirring ish up...

Jeremy Igo

I assume they got the quote from David Newton. It appears he took Rivera completely out of context to attribute the quote to Cam.

"Don't look for Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton to participate in live team drills on Wednesday or Thursday during joint practices with the Tennessee Titans.

"He won't do anything live against anybody, but we're going to try and increase his individual work and try to work him up that way,'' coach Ron Rivera said Tuesday before the team departed for Nashville, Tennessee."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20351200/carolina-panthers-qb-cam-newton-do-live-drills-titans

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Using a source that misquoted is not a mistake? 

And here I was thinking the "worldwide leader in sports" had enough cash to have actual sources of their own. 

Nobody anywhere validates anything anymore. To single out ESPN is stirring ish up.

Look at Voth. He creates this but then says  but not their fault.  If he crafts the title accordingly it's not interesting. It was either done to stir the pot or it was not doing any looking in to the matter first.

9 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

I assume they got the quote from David Newton. It appears he took Rivera completely out of context to attribute the quote to Cam.

"Don't look for Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton to participate in live team drills on Wednesday or Thursday during joint practices with the Tennessee Titans.

"He won't do anything live against anybody, but we're going to try and increase his individual work and try to work him up that way,'' coach Ron Rivera said Tuesday before the team departed for Nashville, Tennessee."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20351200/carolina-panthers-qb-cam-newton-do-live-drills-titans

So ESPN's bad source was ESPN. 

Got it. 

38 minutes ago, Hallin'AllDaeDae said:

The media treats the public like a bunch of guinea pigs .. like the media is what brings light to us and without the media we're nothing lol what a load of poo .. we'll never understand what truly goes on in any situation as long as the media reports it

They filter the news for our own good because they are so much smarter than we are.

Just ask them.

5 hours ago, csx said:

I don't think the SC crew could ever expect the guy who covers the team to be so terrible. This is on David Newton. Maybe ESPN will wake up to how bad he is 

dude ..even if he is terrible...as long as he is writing stuff and talking about stuff that is getting clicks...regardless if it is opinion or manipulated info to fit a narrative...that's all that matters. I don't like throwing around the phrase "fake news" because it's a term basically invented by the President Emperor Cheeto to deflect on to media outlets and journalists he doesn't like - but ESPN is absolutely a great example of a "fake news" media outlet.

Archived