• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Damiere Byrd starting to get national attention

Jeremy Igo

Byrd would be a local star on any other football team. We've tried to push him into a peg he doesn't fit into as a returner. He is a speed WR, Im not sure if y'all remember Josh Norman saying he was the hardest man to cover on the Panthers. Off the ball he is so hard to contain. Then get him downfield chasing down a deep ball flying past a safety..

People would like to compare him to like a John Brown or Goodson, I think he is more versatile than that. He is smarter in Ginn with the routes. Plus we can see Byrd getting more relaxed and in the zone to use his hands. It took almost a decade for Ted Ginn to slightly improve anything

16 hours ago, Igor1 said:

He should start in the slot if he keeps up this work !!!!! Samuel has to earn his stripes i wanna see kb Byrd and Shepard out there . Byrd is a better version of ginn 

Byrd was a UDFA

Ginn was a round 1

There are reasons for this. 

Really, lets pump the brakes just a bit on the expectations. Byrd is a good player and a really nice kid. Lets give him some room. 

I'm pretty sure Shepherd is a slot receiver no? Are you suggesting a two slot formation? That's innovative.

Where is Byrd lining up in practice? Slot or outside? 

People want him to be the Ginn but then say slot. Ginn wasn't a slot receiver. Positions are relevant to a real discussion.

Archived