• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Damiere Byrd starting to get national attention

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

My thing was, he took three years to actually "break out."  Last year in the Preseason he was meh.  Thanks again.  And you can quote me if you want to respond to me, boss.  

Semantics. If this is the start of his 3rd year then this year hasn't happened yet. It took 2 years.

His 3rd season hasn't yet really started because it is not even 9/10 yet. He made it last year (grant it took the end of the season) and has progressed every year. You want a player with his potential to make this kind of progress. Undradted straight line burner to a more complete receiver. He is not Smitty but his swag is very similiar. I for one am glad that patience might bear fruit for once in a franchise that sucks at developing WRs. 

Does it really fuging matter? Jesus some of you guys get dick bent out of shape if anyone questions what you say.

And this is both sides of this silly argument I'm speaking of here. Let it go... or I'll break out the Frozen songs!

39 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

My thing was, he took three years to actually "break out."  Last year in the Preseason he was meh.  Thanks again.  And you can quote me if you want to respond to me, boss.  

Two. 

He has been a Panther for 2 seasons. 

You can't count the 2017 as it has not occurred yet. 

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

Two. 

Hmmm, when I look up how many years he's been in the NFL it says 3.  2015, 2016, 2017.  His third year.  3 TC's now.  Like I said, it took him three years, three offseasons.  It's about time.    

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Two. 

5 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Hmmm, when I look up how many years he's been in the NFL it says 3.  2015, 2016, 2017.  His third year.  3 TC's now.  Like I said, it took him three years, three offseasons.  It's about time.    

my god my head is starting to hurt.  1 year = 365 days. 1 season = 16 games.  1 training camp = 2 weeks.  so what the fug are you talking about? And what does it matter?  he's bad because it took 3 training camps to show consistently?  what are you saying?

3 hours ago, SJTG4 said:

why keep 6 wrs is cmc is suppose to be one?

IF we keep 6, you should assume #6 would be inactive unless injuries to one of the other WRs means he gets to suit up.  This is exactly why we MIGHT keep Bersin.  He's great plug and play depth in case of injury and seems to be the ultimate team player, willing to accept being cut, demoted to PS, being inactive a lot...

I'd have to review, but I think in the past, Panthers have very often only had 4 WRs active on game days since Joe Webb was essentially WR #5 (emergency WR).  It does make keeping 6 WRs a bit unlikely, but we've done it before. 

Certainly if Samuel hasn't gotten much playing time, and thus might even redshirt part of this season, it might push the team to keep 6 WRs since Samuel wouldn't really "count" as a viable WR early on.  Hope that's not the case, but the more time Samuel misses, the more likely that he drops way down the depth chart...  Obviously we can't PS him.  He'd be stolen in a heartbeat.  He WILL make the roster (unless, God forbid, his injury is much worse than we are led to believe), but I'm seriously decreasing my expectations for him getting much playing time early in the season.

Archived