• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Damiere Byrd starting to get national attention

Jeremy Igo

10 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Took him 3 years, but finally.  Good for him, I guess.  

Was a project. Patience was key. A former track star at USC that specialized as a deepman. He is now rounding out nicely. His potential is slowly translating. This Saturday, let's see if he runs with ones. I want to see how he fairs against better competition.

Just now, ecu88 said:

Was a project. Patience was key. A former track star at USC that specialized as a deepman. He is now rounding out nicely. His potential is slowly translating. This Saturday, let's see if he runs with ones. I want to see how he fairs against better competition.

He went to Southern California?  News to me.  

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Going with 6 is probably going to cut into out backfield. I can't imagine us keeping both ozzy and CAP, plus a FB.

Unless they plan to run the FB a good bit, I'm thinking a 2nd TE for blocking may be better. I feel safer with 4 RB's.

Unless Byrd gets the dropsies, I think he makes the roster. They need that Ginn ability to separate from the defense, and run away from it after the catch. With Ginn and Brown both gone, Byrd's value goes up.

54 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Byrd had a great showing against the Texans, but I think its a bit too early to assure him of a roster spot. If he plays out against Tennessee like he did last week, then he's case will be a lot stronger. Right now, it could be as telling on Houston's Robert Nelson as much as it is for Byrd.

Sure would be nice for him to just toast another DB, though. The kid has been working hard and it shows.

He's been playing at this level for a while. He made it last year without a game like this and we still had Ginn in front of him.

He's in.

25 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

So it took him 2 years to make it on the 53 in his 3rd year.

Glass half full huh?  I can respect that.  

Although, he was on the roster last year the majority of the year.  Then got released, I expect the same this Season.  He won't get much PT.  

Archived